READ THIS ENTIRE POST!
Hello, teen geniuses!
Welcome to Ms. D's blog, where you will ponder and write upon many challenging and scintillating topics for the year to come. This is a safe space for you to feel that your voice is being heard--even if you are reticent to speak up much in class. You will earn participation points for every post you submit here--as long as it is of honors quality and is thus approved by yours truly. :)
What do I mean "of honors quality"? Thanks for asking! It means that your comment...
- answers the question (prompt) that has been asked with both depth and detail (a good response is often comprised of multiple paragraphs, each paragraph usually at least five sentences in length)
- is free of grammatical or spelling errors (I am very picky here)
- demonstrates sophisticated, mature thinking and writing
- does not veer off-topic
- does not in any way put down another classmate (though taking issue with another classmate's ideas is acceptable, as long as it is done in a respectful fashion)
Remember to make sure you have logged in appropriately when you comment, because if I can't attribute your comment to you, you will not earn credit. Furthermore, please know that I approve these as quickly as I can, but I am only human. I do not usually get around to approving comments posted after 10pm until the following morning. If your comment does not appear immediately after you've posted it, wait an hour and check back...though if you posted after 10pm, you will need to check back in the morning. If your comment is not posted by 8am the following morning, that means that there was a problem with your comment and that you should see me for details. ***Clicking "submit" nine times will only annoy me, because I will receive NINE SEPARATE EMAILS ALERTING ME THAT YOU HAVE COMMENTED. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that that is NO BUENO. Clicking "submit" once is enough.***
Also, if you are ever concerned about privacy or feel like you'd rather not have your post broadcast for everyone in class to see, you can always email it to me at my school email address. :)
Also, if you are ever concerned about privacy or feel like you'd rather not have your post broadcast for everyone in class to see, you can always email it to me at my school email address. :)
In light of all of this, I now invite you all to write your very first comment of the school year on Ms. D's English Nerd Blog! This is a very exciting moment. :) Here is what I'd like you to ponder and pontificate upon:
What does it mean to be an honors student in English? Are you up for the challenge? How and why do you know you are ready, willing, and able to perform as needed in English 2 Honors?
YOUR RESPONSE IS DUE BY THURSDAY AT 8PM. YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR RESPONSE ANY TIME BEFORE THEN, BUT I WILL NOT POST ANY RESPONSES UNTIL AFTER 5PM ON THURSDAY.
YOUR RESPONSE IS DUE BY THURSDAY AT 8PM. YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR RESPONSE ANY TIME BEFORE THEN, BUT I WILL NOT POST ANY RESPONSES UNTIL AFTER 5PM ON THURSDAY.
Quick note: this will likely be the easiest prompt you will see on the blog this year. I thought I'd be nice and give you guys a personally reflective prompt for your first participation opportunity. :)
Also, as I noted at the beginning of this post, make sure you always read my entire post. I will often embed key pieces of information--even studying advice for tests and rare extra credit opportunities--in the last third of my posts, where many would least expect it. In other words, you should never go tl;dr on me. So for those of you who did get this far, if you end your comment with "My name is [insert name], and I will never forget to be awesome," you will earn double credit for this participation opportunity. Following directions is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT in this class and in life, teen geniuses.
I'm truly excited to get to know each and every one of you this year! And just in case you need a little inspiration...
I'm truly excited to get to know each and every one of you this year! And just in case you need a little inspiration...
MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!
Being an honors student in any class means a lot more than being able to get easy A's in regular classes. It means having the ability to question beyond the required amount taught in class. English is no different, if not even more as its primary role is to inspire creativity in our minds. Honors English's purpose is to demote the stereotypical way of following what others say, to motivate us with coming up with our own, unique ideas, and to allow us to express ourselves in a refined manner.
ReplyDeleteEnglish is not one of my strongest subjects, but I believe honors English is just the way to enhance it. It offers an opportunity to work on that weakness and to, hopefully, turn it into a strength. Intimidated as I am about essay writing, I am also aware of the fact that practice is the only way to make it better. Moreover, I feel that the text evaluation skills that I learned through English 1 honors definitely taught me to read and analyze with a lot more detail than I ever thought I was capable of doing.
I know that it is time to step out of my comfort zone and push myself to get better at English. I feel my determination to try my best no matter what makes me prepared for English 2 Honors and will make me try to get better by outdoing myself. Though aware that the drive up the mountain is going to be a difficult one, I am also aware that the journey will be full of great experiences and lessons, which is going to help me take my English another step up. My name is Aksh Garg, and I will never forget to be awesome.
Being an honors student in an English class means being able to push yourself to perform to the best of your ability even when difficult. Some things may not go their way but an honor student will not give up but instead, use it as a learning experience to become better and work harder to make it up. Honor students know how to work diligently, responsibly, as well as independently. In class, honor students will be open minded to all of their peer's ideas and be avid learners. Amidst the stress and difficulty, honor students will succeed and thrive above all others.
ReplyDeleteI am up for the challenge of an English honors class. I am ready to learn as much as I possibly can and hopefully become a better writer. I know I am ready to to take on the challenge because I am a hard worker and will always put my best foot forward to succeed. I have been successful in previous honors classes and will use the knowledge gained from those classes to this English class to help me perform the best to my ability. My name is Nicole, and I will never forget to be awesome.
For me, being an honors student in English as well, honoring. I started off middle school with all Ds and Fs, even in PE. However, now I’m challenging myself to 3 honors classes this year, as opposed to one honors last year. Freshman year I took English honors with Dewitt and suffered a major crisis; a B+ first semester. I was mortified, to say the least. I really do love a challenge and the hard work. I know I can push myself to do well in this class; the combination of motivation and anxiety to get me there is a nice combo, actually.
ReplyDeleteI mostly know what I’m expecting with English honors after I took the one honors freshman year. I’m positive I got that B+ first semester because I didn’t really know what I was doing, being a freshie and all. Still, every teacher has a different teaching style, so I have to get settled into this class for a little, then I'll feel comfortable with saying “I can do this.”.
My weakest point in English classes is the essays, creative and free writing I’d say I'm decent at, but essays aren't my strong point. I really do look forward to practicing my writing in this class, considering a strong essay can be the go/no-go for college applications. I hope I’m ready for this class as much as I think I am. My name is Miya Kaiser, and I will never forget to be awesome.
For me, being in English 2 Honors means that you will have to be ready for all the responsibility that comes with it. As with any honors or AP class, the teachers expect more from you than they would in regular classes. With this higher level of learning comes more homework, harder tests, and more work in class in general. If you want to be in English honors, you have to be prepared for this so that you can succeed. I myself am up to the challenge that this class has to offer. I know this because my English teachers in the past have really helped me in my writing skills and my grammar. I try my best to pay attention in class and to work hard at home, whether it be studying or doing homework. Teachers are always trying their best to help you succeed and they want whats best for you. I am looking forward this year and all it has to offer, and I hope that my writing skills will continue to grow. I hope that everyone will be able to handle this task and succeed as we learn together this year. My name is Toby Wakefield-Carl, and I will never forget to be awesome!
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, an honors student in an English course means that the student is able to work sufficiently and accurately in assignments and tasks. He or she is able to bring out the most potential out of them because of their desire to diligently work hard. This meaning, the student is dedicated in their effort to work hard in a course that advances at an above average pace. This includes finishing tasks on time, putting extra effort in to assignments, and being prepared on a daily basis.
ReplyDeleteThe English 2 Honors class will push me to work at the best of my abilities. I believe that hard work will lead to success in passions that I pursue. It is only through challenges, that personal growth is developed and nurtured. I believe that this class will play a part on my path in seeking self-improvement. I also know that this class will be a lot of fun :)
My name is Bella Hsiung, and I will never forget to be awesome!
To be an English Honors student means you have to be willing to push yourself to do your best in categories such as reading, writing, grammar, etc. You must be able to think outside of the box when it comes to analyzing quotes and when it comes to writing your own pieces. You have to try new things to find out what works for you in this class, even if it is difficult to figure that out. I know I am up for the challenge because I have always been able to push myself until I am satisfied with my work and I know my teachers will also be happy with what I have done. English is already one of my favorite subjects and I have done well in my previous english classes and I am determined to keep that the same this year. Even if I don't have all the skills I need at the beginning of this class, I will work hard to make sure by the end of it I am excelling in all the ways I need to be. I know that i will be able to perform in this english class and I am ready to do so. My name is Lauren Donatoni, and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteBeing an honors student requires one to be determined and ready to work as hard as they can to achieve the goal they desire. Throughout an honors class there are obstacles and difficulties that the student has to get over and in the process not get stuck. Meaning, the honors student has to be focused and keep a positive mind even in the worst situations. Especially in a honors English class one but put the effort and take time to check their work, reread, and often start over to be the best they can be. Overall, honor students in English have to be held to a higher standard because the are committed and determine students.
ReplyDeleteI am up for the challenge and excited to be pushed to my limits and work hard. Even when finals and essays come up I must work the hardest I can to prove
I truly accept the challenge. I know that if I try my hardest and never give up I can succeed. I have prepared myself and gained the knowledge in previous years that will help me succeed and do the right things this year in English two honors. Throughout it all I must be who I am and work harder then I ever have. My name is Julia Gazdik, and I will never forget to be awesome.
To be an Honors English student is to be a dedicated and ambitious student. While English is typically considered an "easy" subject, an Honors English class is significantly different. The "honors" part of the class signifies the class is at an elevated level compared to the "regular" class. The largest difference between the two is what is expected of the student. In an Honors English class, the student is expected to not only meet, but exceed the higher expectations of the teacher. To be an Honors English student is to strive to turn in the best quality work to the teacher.
ReplyDeleteStill, I know I am up for the challenge of this English 2 Honors class. English is my strongest subject, as well as my favorite. I am an organized and diligent student, which are skills that will undoubtedly be of great use this school year. I also enjoy writing and consider myself a relatively proficient writer, but I am still constantly looking for ways to improve. My name is Lauren Mar and I will never forget to be awesome.
The definition of being an "honor" student in English can be perceived in many ways, depending on the perspective of the person. Personally, I believe that being an honor student means their drive and work ethics are beyond, rather than the results being better. Often times, students expect honor students to be "smarter" or receiving higher grades. But I think that what sets these students apart are their dedication and drive to be better. With that being said, because the honor students often have strong work ethics, they do tend to receive "good" grades. Specifically, in English, they will be able to analyze in depth, ask questions, write effectively, and much more. Students can be expected to work diligently and meticulously, each day, striving to improve!
ReplyDeleteI think that I am ready for the challenges of English 2 Honors! I like to believe that I am a hard working student, and I continue to strive for improvements. Although English has never been a strong subject for me, I am willing to challenge myself to become a better writer. I have the self-motivation that will hopefully get me through this course, and an endless supply of curiosity to satisfy. I know that this course can be very demanding and consists of a lot of dense and tough reading. But I really enjoy reading and am excited about this year's core novels. Last year, I was able to do well in my English class, and I think that the materials I learned last year will help me challenge myself in this class!
My name is Kiku, and I will never forget to be awesome.
To be an honors student in English is to be organized, participative, and driven. Honors students must be organized in order to have all their materials readily available for studying and review. If one is not organized then finding work to turn in becomes hard and procrastination becomes easier. An English Honors student needs to be participative and speak up whenever they do not understand something. By being participative they contribute to the class as well as clear up any questions other students may have. Lastly, they need to be driven. In order to take an honors class one must be able to juggle all their other extracurricular classes and turn in all the assignments on time. They must be driven enough to push through and finish what they set out to do.
ReplyDeleteI am definitely up for the challenge. This year looks like it is going to be a lot of writing but a lot of fun. I know that I am ready to take this class because I took the block class last year as a freshman and throughly enjoyed it. I am definitely willing, and hopefully am able to be an English 2 Honors student. My name is Sophia Daniel, and I will never forget to be awesome.
To be an honors student in English means to be a student that is ready for a challenge and advanced learning. Honors students are willing to perform their best even when they face a demanding task in their class. Personally, I think that I am prepared to be an honors student. This is because last year I took several honors classes, including English, so I should have experience in dealing with the challenges of an honors class. If this year is similar to the last then I am confidant that I will be able to do well. I know that as a student I am capable of succeeding in class and adapting as necessary to overcome what may be challenging. My name is Jaden Nguyen and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteBeing an honors English student implies that the person that chose to take the class is extremely hardworking and diligent. Most people that choose to take English Honors have a desire for success and will continue to push through and work hard until their goals are met. I believe I am up for the challenge because I really enjoy pushing myself to work harder. Once I reach the goals I previously set, I set new ones even higher.
ReplyDeleteIt gives me satisfaction when I see the final product of something I put a lot of time and effort into because I realize that my hard work to get to the result was completely worth it. I think I am "ready, willing, and able to perform as needed in English 2 Honors" because of the drive and desire I have. Even if I begin to struggle, I know I will immediately take a step back and figure out what I need to do to get back to success.
"What does it mean to be an honors student in English?"
ReplyDeleteWell an honors student in English must show advanced writing and/or grammar. They must also be pushing themselves to the limit of what is possible for their brains at all times. When it comes procrastinating an honors student would always try their hardest not to that dirty deed on a assignment due in a few weeks,or a couple days. With then doubling down on checking their work so that it is too the best of their ability for that sweet A.
Are you up for the challenge?
YES! I love a good challenge with academia.
How and why do you know you are ready, willing, and able to perform as needed in English 2 Honors?
I know that i'm ready! I have already endured many hardships throughout my life. Some that have pushed me to my limits, whether it is 3 hour practices for swim at 5:30 in the morning, 5 days a week, or studying my hardest for that English test coming up. I have always been able to pull through and finish to the best of my ability. That is what I plan to keep doing throughout high school. In the end, what I really want is just to learn and enjoy the process.
Thank you!
Honors English requires students who are motivated. To me, with combined determination to succeed and a strong moral compass to study, a student can achieve the results they are seeking. One has to be able to analyze text given and articulate an expressive personal perspective when needed. Writing with fluency and managing time efficiently is additionally essential when drafting essays for this course. Remembering proper grammar rules, and proofreading is a necessity as well. Over all, one has to be dedicated and appreciative to Language Arts and all that it allows us to understand, absorb, become entertained by, and learn from.
ReplyDeleteWith the preparation my previous teachers have given me, I feel that I am ready to take on this challenging course. Over the years, I've developed a deeper comprehension in reading and writing, executing what I feel to be a sophisticated level of language fluency that is suitable for our grade level. Personally, I love to write. This enables me to construct essays without severe unwillingness, giving me an advantage in that field. I have been reading and writing for most of my life, and was recommended for this class, therefore I feel I am able to take it on. With the intense academically inclined student body we have at Peninsula, as a whole we feel encouraged to do the best that we can all of the time, which I believe is beneficial in the classroom environment and is partially what keeps me engaged. It will be exciting to see how the year unfolds!
"My name is Devin Gilbertson, and I will never forget to be awesome."
To be an honors student in English means many things. As an honors student, it means one must have intellectual diligence (or Dibblegence if you may) to meet the requirements of an honors class. One must have the correct mental mindset. One also must be ready for any challenge thrown at them, and one must have grit and the will to fight and write for their earned grade.
ReplyDeleteI am up for the challenge and pleasure of being an English 2 Honors student. As in past years in my English classes, I have demonstrated all the qualities and etiquette of a proper English Honors student. I have had and still do have grit and will to fight to earn the grade I deserve. I hope this year as an Honors student I learn and prosper in my class. My name is Ian Miller, and I will never forget to be awesome.
Being a English Honors student means that there will be more work and effort spent in this class then a regular English class. If I want to get my desired grade in English I will have to stay on top of all the homework and schoolwork that I am given if I want to succeed. A English Honors student goes above and beyond of what a student does in regular English in everything like essays, vocab, and writing. I am up for the challenge to be in English Honors because I am dedicated and determined to succeed in this class. I know that English 2 Honors is going to be much harder than last year but I feel like I'm ready for the challenge.
ReplyDeleteHow I know that I am willing and ready to perform in English 2 Honors is because there is a reason I signed up for this class, knowing that this class was going to be challenging but that is the reason I signed up in the first place. I would rather be in a challenging class like English 2 Honors where I struggle but learn compared to a class that is a breeze but I don't end up learning anything. I'm ready for what this school year will bring. My name is Brandon Mar, and I will never forget to be awesome.
To be an honors English student means to be eager to learn. By signing up for the English 2 Honors and European History AP block, we, as students, have committed to learning volumes of knowledge and applying ourselves to think deeply and carefully. In order to make this commitment, we must have a passion for education and scholarship lying somewhere within us. Also, to be an honors English student means to be open to new ideas and diverse points of view. Analyzing literature not only broadens the scope of the intellectual mind, but also proposes new ways of seeing the world, as well as the societies, governments, and individuals within our world. By the end of this school year, to be an honors English student will indubitably mean to be citizens with more open, informed, and passionate minds.
ReplyDeleteWith this honors English class come many duties as a student. While I am unaware of what this class may hold, I am willing to put my all into it. I feel that I will be “abele” to perform as needed, although saying that before I know what is needed seems a little premature. I know for sure that I am ready and willing to dive deeply into the class and its substance. I have loved reading and writing for as long as I can remember, and I believe this passion will help me perform well and give my best effort. I am extremely fortunate to have had wonderful English teachers, such as Ms. Logan, in the past. I hope my experience with these awesome educators will help me “perform as needed” in this English class.
My name is JJ, and I will never forget to be awesome.
An English Honors student is someone willing to put in the extra hours to be an honors student. This means that they will do all of the work without complaining, and do it properly instead of rushing it just to get it turned in on time. I know I am ready to be an English Honors student because I am ready to put in the effort. In order to be in English Honors, you have to be able to read speedily and still understand the material. I love to read so I have lots of experience reading books and I do it fast and efficiently and I can process the text just as fast.
ReplyDeleteAnother thing you need to have in order to well in English Honors is to have a good foundation for your vocabulary. This year as well as my freshman year I have taken Latin which has helped me gain a better understanding of the English Language. This year I am prepared to expand my knowledge of the language and hopefully read some great books along the way. Another key factor to getting an A in English Honors is being awesome. My name is Prema Parks, and I will never forget to be awesome.
A student who chooses to take English honors has a passion for focusing closely on expanding his or her knowledge about English and dedication to improving his or her skills such as writing, grammar, and reading comprehension. Being an honors student in English means the student is willing to put in time and effort to work hard to improve his or her abilities and take on the responsibility to consistently do so. One must exercise his or her own brain in order to analyze reading or writing assignments throughout the honors class. It truly takes hard work ethic and efforts in order to be a successful honors student in English.
ReplyDeleteAlthough this course will be a difficult one, I am up for the challenge. I have clearly made the decision to contribute my time and my hard work to this English honors class. I am extremely excited for the new books I will read and new tips I will learn. I know that I am ready, willing, and able to perform as needed in English 2 Honors because I have always loved to learn how to improve upon skills I have already been taught such as writing. By taking several years of English classes previously, I believe I have a strong foundation to build upon and I am prepared to work diligently for this English 2 Honors class. This class will be challenging, but we must all enter the class with confidence and the readiness to work hard, put in effort, and also have fun. :)
My name is Allison Kwon and I will never forget to be awesome.
Allison Kwon, Period 1
Being an honors English student implies that the person that chose to take the class is extremely hardworking and diligent. Most people that choose to take English Honors have a desire for success and will continue to push through and work hard until their goals are met. I believe I am up for the challenge because I really enjoy pushing myself to work harder. Once I reach the goals I previously set, I set new ones even higher.
ReplyDeleteIt gives me satisfaction when I see the final product of something I put a lot of time and effort into because I realize that my hard work to get to the result was completely worth it. I think I am "ready, willing, and able to perform as needed in English 2 Honors" because of the drive and desire I have. Even if I begin to struggle, I know I will immediately take a step back and figure out what I need to do to get back to success.
My name is Tatiana Tabazadeh, and I will never forget to be awesome.
Making your own decision to take an honors course instead of a regular course is one of the first steps of rising to the challenge. Commitment, discipline, and enthusiasm are necessary in order to be a successful honors student. English in particular requires students to show they are prepared to devote their full effort towards essays, novels, projects, and every aspect of the class. Being an English honors student means using a higher level of thinking when reading the class novel or giving extended time and thought while completing a homework assignment. These students are choosing to take the harder path and give up more of their time to study for a vocabulary test or perfect an essay. It is a bold and time consuming choice to commit to an honors English class, but in turn it will pay off as the students move on to the next level.
ReplyDeleteAs a lover of literature and creativity, I am ready and willing to meet the challenge of honors English head on. Having taken English 1 Honors, I feel prepared with the lessons I learned and the effort that was required to perform well in that class. Also, I am experienced with the difficulty and responsibility of higher level classes and am excited for the lessons and trials that English 2 Honors will present this upcoming year. I am eager to push myself and rise to every demand to come in this class.
Also, my name is Lauren Larking, and I will never forget to be awesome.
To me, an honors student is someone that exceeds expectations and is prepared to give his or her best effort on every assignment given. In addition, an English honors student is one that will take the necessary time to comprehend passages completely and articulate ideas effectively. I believe that I am up for the challenge to be this kind of student. Last year in English 1H, I read all the core novels closely and successfully demonstrated my understanding of the themes and ideas through tests and essays. I understand English 2H will be a challenging class, but I am determined to continue performing as an English honors student. Some of my goals for this year are to go out of my comfort zone by participating in class and to do my best to respond to every single blog post. By persevering through the challenges of English 2H I believe I will develop into a stronger reader, writer, and communicator. My name is Brandon, and I will never forget to be awesome!
ReplyDeleteTo be an honors English student is to be organized, prepared, responsible, and ready to go every day. An honors English student means that you are determined to learn something new in class and you will work hard to improve on every aspect of English throughout the year. An honors student is expected to do their homework and pay attention in class. They will participate and focus on the task at hand. Honors English students are kids who excel in English and are ready get a more advanced education on the topic.
ReplyDeleteI am ready for the challenge this class presents. I will do everything I can to be prepared and succeed. I enjoy challenges so this class will be a good test to see how advanced my English is. I am ready for the fun and the challenges that this class has to offer!
I believe I am ready for English 2 Honors because I am a hard working student who strives to learn more every day. I have never taken an English Honors class before and I believe this class will be a good, new challenge for me. This class will help me grow in my ability to write, use grammar, learn new words, and improve my public speaking. This class will help me grow as an English student and as a person. "My name is Eli Somers, and I will never forget to be awesome."
ReplyDeleteAn honors class is is a class that is at a higher level and caliber to that of a regular class. They often work at a faster pace and learn extra material as well. However, the name “Honors” says a lot more than the description. The definition of Honors is “honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions,” from Dictionary.com. Being an English honors student means that you are honest in your work, both in the aspect that the work is yours and that they are your own ideas, but also that you are honest about the pace and at which you can learn and complete assignments so that you can plan your time and efforts accordingly. Honesty can also apply in conversations during class, and an honors student will share their honest opinions and thoughts to participate so that they can add to the discussion. Being honorable also means being fair, which could be interpreted as no judgment of others in the surrounding class. In a difficult honors class, everyone is trying their best to absorb the difficult material and keep up with the faster schedule. If someone gets an answer wrong, or they don't know how to do something, instead of harmful words, an honors student who already knows the material would take the time to help someone learn it as well. Finally, there needs to be integrity in one's work. An honors student does their absolute best to deliver their best work, which is often complex or of a high level of thought process, well thought out, meets or exceeds the requirements, and is organized. An honors student should also show honorability and integrity in their actions and behavior, and be focused, determined, and willing to learn. While these three words are simply synonyms for the bigger picture of being honorable, honor on its own is the core of a good work ethic and attitude in class.
I know that I am up for the challenge because I try to apply the same requirements of an honors class to all parts of my life. I try to be honorable with my commitments to activities such as tennis, choir, music, and various other classes on campus, as well as to my friends and family. I have always taken available honors classes; initially I took them because everyone else was, but now I take the courses for myself to benefit my work, pace, and hopefully raise the level at which I can learn functionally. I want to take on the challenge at hand because I want to see how far I can push myself to create the best work and absorb information better than ever before. After some practice in other lower level honors English classes, I know I am ready and able for a step up this year into a harder class than any I have taken before. I am willing because I want to always strive for the best I can be and I want to grow as a learner throughout this course. I want to become a fantastic writer who will a score well on future important tests, and be able to pull my own weight in demanding college courses. I can’t wait to see English from a new point of view and to see the benefits of my decision to take English Honors later in my life. I am ready for an amazing year! Also, my name is Fiona, and I will never forget to be awesome!
For me, being an honor student means going above and beyond the standard. It means that I can understand the material being taught, and utilize it on my own. As that isn't easy, I'm not sure if I am ready. Hopefully, I can become a student that meets everyone's expectations, and maybe even exceed them. I will know if I'm ready when I can be confident in myself as an English 2 Honors student.
ReplyDeleteTo be an honors student, a student needs to be diligent and determined, as well as interested in the subject or subjects that they are taking. They must also be organized and on top of all of their assignments and know the material that they are presented. I love English and reading and I am up the the challenge of taking this honors course. I know that I am ready to take this class because I feel prepared and I am excited to learn. My name is Kaitlyn Ho, and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteAn honors student is one who is willing to work hard for their education. In some cases, the class which the student is taking at an honors level is usually one which they find interesting. Other times, a student who takes honors classes does so because of the title, the credits they will receive after passing the class. In either situation, an honors student in English does not need the extra motivation to perform to the best of their ability. In a sense, an honors student makes a class more stimulating as they put effort into understanding what is being studied rather than trying to get their work done with as quickly as possible. An enthusiastic mindset to whatever is thrown at them is what separates an honors student from anyone else.
ReplyDeleteI know that this year will consist of a decrease in the number of hours I have to sleep and an enormous increase in academic responsibility, but I think that knowing the obstacles approaching ahead lessens the power that those obstacles have over me. I feel that I am up to the challenge of this class because I am willing to put in the hard work that will allow me to perform as needed in English 2 Honors. Though I do not know the exact course of this year, I can imagine that it will require commitment and diligence from the students, both of which I am more than willing to provide. I look forward to bettering my reading and writing skills during this school year. My name is Ronjini, and I will never forget to be awesome.
Being an honors student is a great privilege, and the level of learning is extremely high, but so is the workload. For me, being an honors student is being passionate about writing and really wanting to improve as a writer. In order to become a better writer, as students we must improve our vocabulary to use better words in our writing, and learn grammar so we know how to properly structure sentences. I know that it will be challenging, but I am up for the challenge because by the end of the year, I will be a significantly better writer and this is worth any amount of work to me. I know that I am up for the challenge because I have been in challenging classes before, and I have proven to myself that I can work hard and perform up to my potential. I feel like I am ready because I read the summer reading books, and I feel ready to learn. I am looking forward to becoming a better writer because it will help me so much through college and beyond. My name is Michael C, and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDeletexBeing an English honors student means that I must work as hard as I can to succeed in this class, as being an honors student really is honorable, but I do believe that I am up for the challenge.
ReplyDeleteI know that I am ready for this class because I have been in English honors classes and I believe in my ability to survive this class. I believe that I have the endurance and proper education to survive this class because I have passed many courses. I know that I am willing to perform as needed in English 2 honors because I would like to improve my writing skills for the SAT, and to pass the course with a grade that I can be proud of. And I will be able to perform as needed in this class because my name is Katelyn Lem, and I will never forget to be awesome.
What it takes to be an honors student is hard work and dedication. I know I am ready to be an honors student because I am both of those things. I am also ready to be an Honors student because I can grow and change as a student to be ready for the challenge that is English Two Honors student.
ReplyDeleteAnother thing you need to be able to do as an English honors student is to work well with other people. You need to be able to work well with others in order to collaborate in class discussions. An example of my hard work is last year my first semester of English Honors I got a B but the second semester with lots of hard work and dedication I got an A my second semester. An example of my dedication is how much I studied to get an A second semester, and how I had to skip certain things in order to study.
In order to be successful in this class, you need to work well with others, be ready to work hard and dedicate yourself. My name is Prema Parks and I will never forget to be awesome.
An honors student is a student who not only works hard in class but also at home during their homework. They are hard workers and stay focused. They are also willing to spend extra time improving their abilities for English or any other difficult class and strive to become a better student each and every day.They want to succeed and work harder to ensure their success will come. Honors students make sacrifices every day, varying in importance, whether it is quitting extracurricular activities or not getting enough sleep some nights, etc. These are difficult decisions that honors students make when they sign up for their classes. I am willing to make these sacrifices and am ready for the school year, I know this because I have quit my favorite sport in order to give me more time for my homework and studying. I have accepted the challenges that I am going to face in this class throughout the school year and strive to meet or exceed the criteria. "My name is Nicholas Hama, and I will never forget to be awesome,"
ReplyDeleteTo be an honors student in English means that you crave to learn more than what is offered in a regular English class. It means you're someone who is constantly looking to challenge themselves. Honors English students take every opportunity they get to improve their writing in any way whether it is by reading enormous stacks of books, expanding their vocabulary, or by writing essay after essay. In fact, Honors English students don't just take the opportunity, they jump up and claim it. These students are not necessarily always more intelligent. Choosing to take an Honors English class just shows that you are a person who desires to learn more and expand upon your knowledge of the English language every chance you get.
ReplyDeleteI am up for challenge of being an Honors English student and I know that I'm ready, willing, and to perform as needed in English 2 Honors because I have a burning desire to improve my writing. I'm not a naturally gifted writer. I can't always put the words in the right order to stir people's hearts the way some can, but I want to. I want to write something that brings out the emotion in people, through tears, laughter, and smiles. When people want something bad enough, they're willing to work for it. I'm willing to do whatever I can to improve my writing. I'm ready to work for it.
Although I very much want to improve improve my writing, I am aware that desire is only one part of the equation. Another part of being an Honors English student is being able to handle the workload. I know I am able to handle taking this class because of the experiences I have received in previous English classes. Every teacher I have had, has always believed and made it known that his or her job is to prepare the students for the next level of education in that subject. My ninth grade English Honors teacher told us that after her class, we would be ready for the next step, in this case English 2 Honors. Therefore, I feel confident that I can handle the workload in the class and will work as hard as I can to be successful.
My name is Makenna Leung, and I will never forget to be awesome.
Helping your friend finish a marathon after you have just ran one is like being an honors student. Making dinner for your family even after a long day is like being an honors student. Shaving your legs even when you know you are not going to wear shorts is like being an honors student. In other words, being an honors student is taking that extra step. It is not only doing what is required, but also expanding your mind to more than that. An honors student typically grasps a concept faster and easier than the average student.
ReplyDeleteI am up for the challenge in English 2 honors this year. I have already seen so many positive outcomes from previous students in your class, and am willing to do whatever it takes to succeed. My brother still remembers what the first word is on the Dibble Diction list and what the definition is. He is finding it easier than others to write his essay on the ACT, because of how well you taught him to write. I want to learn that much in your class as well. I love to learn, and when I am interested in what I am learning, it makes it so much easier to grasp. I know this class will be challenging at times, but I intend on pushing through the tough times.
How, you might ask, will I do so? Whenever I think about giving up, I just think of my why. Why am I doing this? I am taking this class to become a better writer, because that is so important not only to me, but in life generally. My natural ability and love of writing I hope will make this year a bit easier.
Words are powerful. A passionate speech can make my skin erupt in goosebumps. Juliet’s extensive speech to Romeo, “What is in a Name”, makes me feel like I am Romeo himself; just a boy that is too much in love. Words can make you feel different emotions so quickly. By learning how to be a better writer this year, I hope to achieve my goal of making my words powerful.
To be an honors student in an English course means several things from the immense analyzation of works of literature to the six page narrative essays. To be one of the fortunate students who is able to take an English honors course is a great opportunity to explore and render the power of words. Students who take up the challenge of taking an honors English class must prepare to look and think beyond what is on the paper; they must think about the symbolism and value of the words not just the given known definition. Language is all about communication and to be an honors English student it means one must place emphasis on all parts of language from the context in which a word is used in to the punctuation of a sentence.
ReplyDeleteTaking English 2 Honors requires one to be prepared to overcome a numerous amount of challenges that will face them. Honors students in English must be able to think about the meaning of the text in not just one perspective but in multiple. I have always been taught to look at things from another window because then will I only know the true meaning, and I think this has prepared me for an essential part of this course. I know I am ready, willing, and able to perform as needed in English 2 Honors because even with the language barrier I have experienced I overcame it and been able to expand my knowledge in the English language. Yet another reason why I know I am ready for this course is because I always enjoy taking on challenges and having the satisfaction that I am able to accomplish difficult tasks on my own. My name is Paulina Garmute, and I will never forget to be awesome.
Determination is what it means to be an Honors student in English. With determination I am ready, willing, and able to face all challenges that await me. I know I am ready because I am determined to do my absolute best, and defeat all obstacles. With doing my best, I will see results that display the marvelous effort I put into this class. I want to do my best to show myself and others what I am capable of. I know I can accomplish all of my hopes and dreams for this school year with determination! My name is Lauren Sams, and I will never forget to be awesome!
ReplyDeleteTo be an honors student in English is to have a remarkable level of skill of the English language. One must be able to write and analyze texts proficiently as well as possessing the skill to fully comprehend and interpret challenging novels. Yet, the biggest trait an honors student must possess is the willingness to work and put enough time into developing the necessary skills into taking the next step in their understanding of English. Although I know this class will be difficult and full of challenging material, I am ready to take this course head on. If I was trying to get an easy A, I would have taken regular English. However, in an attempt to grow and become better at a subject necessary for everyday life, I will push myself to succeed.
ReplyDeleteThe reason I know I am ready to perform as needed in English 2 Honors is simply because I have a desire to accomplish my goal of doing well in this class. In the past, I have chosen to take the honors classes rather than the regular classes. Not only do I do this to boost my GPA, but purely since I know my knowledge of the specific subject will increase dramatically. To be specific, when I was taking honors math and looking at the textbook for the first time, I was in a mode of shock since everything I saw before me was foreign content. Now, I look back upon that class and finally understand the amount of knowledge I had learned merely from pushing myself to learn. This concept applies to English as well. Since Google Docs saves past documents, I am able to look back and compare essays I have written and acknowledge the progress I have made throughout the years. With all the experiences of honors classes and my drive to reach my maximum potential, I know I am ready to perform as needed in English 2 Honors. My name is Nicholas, and I will never forget to be awesome.
To me, being an English honors student means that I not only find the subject to be interesting, but I am also willing to put in the extra effort to improve my writing and reading abilities. It also reflects how my hard work in previous years has paid off and I now have the opportunity to learn among other equally passionate English students. Being in English honors also means having deep and thoughtful discussions with peers as well as reading challenging books that are difficult to dissect. Knowing this, I am excited and look forward to tackling complex readings and broadening my view of the world of literature. I understand that this is easier said than done; however, I am motivated to do well in this course because I have a strong love for reading and writing. My name is Helen and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteTo be an honor student in English, I don’t think necessarily refers to a smarter person, or at least in my own case. I wouldn’t consider honor student to be an adjective, but rather a quick, easy-to-obtain label based on decision. However, what differentiates a honors student from a regular student is their willingness to go extra lengths in order to meet they’re maximum potential academically, which can already be proven having chosen this class. The expectations by teachers are higher to begin with, and we are put in a more intense class environment, full of students fully willing to succeed. For most students, it’s a voluntary choice that requires sacrifice of extra time and effort throughout our day. There are probably many student in a regular English class more academically gifted than me, but chose the easier class expecting easier schoolwork and less time commitment. In fact taking the regular course is the more standard path. Why are we willing to put in this effort? In other words I believe that honor students have trust in our current education system, that selecting and succeeding in harder courses would increase our chances for a brighter future. I can admit that I chose this class not for my love for english, but rather to benefit my collegeapps. I am definitely up for the challenge, however I can’t be certain whether I would come out of the classroom with a success story. I generally set high standards for myself and discipline myself to hold responsibility for my own education, and have been in most classes. However, coming into a new neighborhood and not knowing the academic levels of my classmates and workload, it’s difficult to anticipate just how I much I would be able to keep working with my own comfortable rhythm. But I know for a fact that it won’t be an easy task, but something that would be a help me in the future when faced with more challenging situations, and that it would certainly be a decision that I won’t be regretting.
My name is Alyssa, and I will never forget to be awesome!
Being an honors student in English means that you want to challenge yourself in a subject that you love. You know you love it because you enjoy reading almost everything, and writing about any topic. At this point in time every English honors student has a passion to write and read incredible stories. Whether it be tales about ancient myths, or modern books about sci-fi, a true honors student knows they can learn something from whatever they read. Being an honors student in English also means being able to delve into deep conversations, and voice your thoughts and feelings to others. It means researching and exploring new topics, and weaving together your information and quotes into a unique essay. Most importantly, being an English honors student means working hard with your peers to expand your knowledge and prepare for your future.
ReplyDeleteNow, while English honors might seem interesting and fun, those who decide to do it must be ready for what is to come. This means knowing your taking a rigorous class and what it involves. Personally I believe I am ready to take on this challenge and work as hard as I can to succeed. This of course, is easy to say, and there are a few reasons why I feel prepared for this class. First, I have had lots of experience with writing throughout the years. In middle school I wrote many different pieces including: research papers, argumentative essays, opinion essays, journals, creative stories, and poems. Next, I have also done many group projects before as well as speeches. This prepares me for the many group projects and acting we will have to do in this class. Finally I really enjoy participating in group discussions and debates in class, and hearing what everyone has to say. I think this is one of the best ways to learn more about the world, and develop important ideas. So while I remain adverse to math and science, I know my love for English will never cease. I am willing to take the extra time and effort in English 2 Honors, to increase my knowledge and expand my horizons! My name is Anna Mytko, and I will never forget to be awesome!
First and foremost, an honors student has character as well as integrity. He can show this character by always doing his work and his best work. He is accountable for himself and shows up every day to school with a smile on his face, and positive energy. He portrays integrity by being completely honest to the teachers, and students, and by doing the right thing whether or not anyone is looking. I know am ready to fulfill these tasks, and responsibilities, because I know how important being an honors student is, and how having these habits of an honors student can better prepare me in life. I have been an honors student before, and have two brothers who have been in my shoes, therefore I am fully aware of what I need to do, and am ready to begin. My name is Braden Patterson, and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteBeing an honor student in English isn’t confined to having inherent talent or skill. I believe it takes dedication, effort, and long nights of work to become a successful student within this class. Naturally, my decision of taking this class leads to many challenges in the upcoming year. Nonetheless, I am ready to brave the unknown ordeals of your classroom. Within the first day of school, I have begun to work harder, budget my time, and improve my literary techniques to combat the difficulty of the course. I hope, even with my slight improvements, that I will be able to reach the standards of an English honor student.
ReplyDeleteIf a student is attempting to take a more challenging English course, they should be able to know how to keep up with the fast-moving pace and the many challenges coming in their way. An honors student not only should try to succeed in the individual themselves but must be able to work with and help their peers succeed and try their best in this English course. The student should also be willing to strengthen their greatest weaknesses, like writing, public speaking, reading, etc. Being open to constructive criticism from their teachers and peers and being able to take this and apply this will help them succeed in this class. An honors student must be motivated and a diligent worker to take on the homework load and to also stay focus in a classroom environment. If a student has a balance of all these qualities, they will have a major success this year and will be even more prepared for the years to come.
ReplyDeleteI believe I am prepared to dive into this English honors class and in the end, will succeed far more than I thought I could. I am willing to take my time and try my best in the assignments given to me in class and at home. I am also very open to fixing my mistakes and then applying it to my future work. This will help me overcome my weaknesses and to become a well-rounded English student. I love to be able to communicate, problem solve, and share ideas from my peers in the class and then become closer to them. Procrastination is one quality that I am getting over and I am now ready be diligent and even more motivated than I was before. This year I will spend more time with the details of my assignments knowing that from there, I will be trying my very best and will only be getting better throughout the year.
“My name is Maddy Christen, and I will NEVER forget to be awesome!”
English honors is going to be a hard class, and participating means being ready for the challenges it brings. We will focus on reading and writing and will have to perform well in all areas. I am up for the challenge of this. I live in a family of writers and I have always fostered a lifelong love of reading. During summer school alone I read almost 15 books. The writing aspect of this class I may find slightly more challenging; I have never had the best of handwriting.
ReplyDeleteIn previous English classes I have done well - I have excelled at reading and have written more essays than I can remember. Hopefully this class will be no different. I always work hard in everything I try and this year’s English 2 won’t be an exception. My goal is to do the best I can, and I certainly believe I have the ability to do so. Here's to a wonderful year.
My name is Connor Gorsuch, and I will never forget to be awesome,
Oh. So sorry but I forgot to add this. My name is Russell Chuang, and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteIt means a great deal to be an English honors student. Being an English honors student means that you are advanced in the material, very dedicated to the subject, giving your all with every assignment, etc. I am up for the challenge to be an English honors student and will give everything I got to be my very best in this class. To begin, I will finish and complete any task given, including homework, projects, essays, etc. I will also do my best in participating throughout the year, whether it’s through the blog or in class participation. It will be a lot of hard work in this class, but I am willing to dedicate a lot of time and thinking into this class to be my best. I will perform to my highest potential and give everything to be an English honors student. My name is Kevin Yardumian, and I will never forget to be awesome!
ReplyDeleteIn order to not only be an honor student but also be successful as one is not a feat that just anyone can accomplish. If we take a look around our campus and observe the habits of our honors and AP student body you will find that they all of one type. They are all hard working, determined, proud, and progressive young adults. What I mean by this is that they work hard to accomplish their goals and are determined to use the time they could be playing video games, watching TV and generally procrastinating. They take great pride in their work and want to push society forward to progress to a more fulfilled human existence.
ReplyDeleteNow I’m not saying that I am the perfect student and I have a lot to learn about how to fulfill the high standards set at Pen. In spite of this I still believe I will be able to “Kick It”, in lack of better words, and make it as an english honors student. I try my best to put as much effort into my academic responsibilities as I would in my cross country or track workouts. I hope that one day I will be able to look back upon my achievements and consider myself a successful student of academic integrity and perseverance. I want to challenge my mind as much as I challenge my body. This class will hopefully help me along the road to maintaining and developing the skills needed to succeed at the honors level.
From what I have heard English 2 honors in partnership with EHAP is an extremely rigorous class. My aspirations and expectations for this class are very high and feel I will be able to meet and exceed the expectations set by the teachers and my classmates.
Sorry But My name is Ewan and I will never forget to be awesome did not copy over and I accidentally hit submit my dearest apologies.
ReplyDeleteTo be an honor student means that you are willing to go above and beyond when it comes to work load and quality of work. I believe that I am ready for the challenge because I have taken multiple other honors English class. I have adapted to the challenge before and I believe I can do it again. I know I'm ready and willing to perform in this class, because I have accepted and anticipated the difficulty of this class and have tried to prepare myself accordingly. Even though this will probably be the hardest English class I have ever taken I am ready for the year and what it brings. My name is Cole Bradley, and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteEnglish Honors Student Comment
ReplyDeleteThere are numerous meanings to being an honors student in English. However, the one word that stands out when thinking of an honors English student is diligence. This is because diligence is required of every honors English student, despite the amount of talent the student may possess. Another aspect that comes to mind when thinking of an honors English student is a passion for reading or, perhaps writing. This love for English, along with the sense of accomplishment, is what makes the rigor of an English honors class rewarding. I am definitely up for the rigor of this course because I have the passion for reading described above. I am also extremely motivated from within and excited to be challenged.
I know that I am ready for the challenges of English honors for several reasons. First, school is always my highest priority, other than family. Therefore, I will always be committed to whatever English honors requires of me. Also, I feel that I have prepared well for English honors by taking time to read and understand my summer reading books. In addition to this, I always made sure to pay close attention during English honors last year to ensure that I am well qualified for English honors this year. I know that I am able to complete what will be needed of me throughout this course because I have rarely struggled with English. I will be able to accomplish what is required of me by listening in class, working in groups effectively, and by always putting my best foot forward.
My name is Nicole Siembieda, and I will never forget to be awesome.
In my opinion, being an honors student in English means being able to be proactive in taking advantage of opportunities to improve both as English students, and as people in general. I believe that as an honors student, we should be self motivated to do our best, and always look for areas of improvement in ourselves. We shouldn’t have to wait for our teacher to force us to do something, we should instead take all opportunities provided to us to improve our skills as a student. We should also try to evaluate ourselves, and see what areas we should work on, and what areas we tend to be more successful in. I think that as honors students, we should be able to work with each other, and be able to create an environment in our class that is supportive of everyone’s thoughts and ideas.
ReplyDeleteI know that I am ready, willing, and able to perform as needed in English 2 Honors for two reasons, the first being that I have always taken honors English classes before this. I feel that this prepares me to take English 2 Honors because it is the next level English class that I could take. The second reason is that I am motivated to improve my proficiency in English, and I also know where my strengths and weaknesses are. I’m excited and looking forward to being able to have in depth discussions with this class, as well as improving my weaknesses and further developing my strengths in English. My name is Maddie, and I will never forget to be awesome. :)
To be in an honors class means that you’re able to understand harder material and are capable of learning at a quicker pace. I feel that I am capable of being in the English honors class because I enjoy the material that we learn in class. Also, I enjoy reading the books and getting another person’s view on how they perceived the books. I believe that I am ready to go into this English Honors class because I believe I will do my best on all assignments given and study well for future tests. As well as trying to participate in group discussions and give my best effort in class. English was never a difficult subject, but this year could be challenging for me however either way I believe I can get through English 2 Honors this year. The knowledge and experience of public speaking that I will gain in this class will help me in the future, so I will do my best at getting through this challenging year with my utmost effort that I will put into this year. My name is Anju, and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteBeing an English honors student means being prepared to work harder, longer, and with more dedication than a normal English class. I think I am up for the challenge of being in an honors class because I am dedicated and really care about how I perform in school. I am ready to perform in English two honors because I have been in English honors last year. I also know I am ready because I am willing to put in the work to get a good grade. My name is Victoria Oginski, and I will never forget to be awesome.
To be an honor student in English is a person who is willing to go above and beyond of what is expected in general English classes. You have to be willing to read and write and not only do the minimal required work but go beyond and get into more depth of the subject. I personally feel that I am prepared to be up for the challenge and will try to exceed the expectation in every way I can. I feel I am ready because previously I have taken challenging honors classes and I feel that learning within that class has been very rewarding and that I would like to continue to broaden my horizon, which will allow me to grow as a writer and student. However, not only to excel in English but also to excel in other classes where understanding English and literature contributes to success.
ReplyDeleteAn honors student in English means that one is willing to go the extra mile to improve themselves. It means that they would do whatever it takes to receive that A. It means that they are ready to work everyday and ensure quality in their work. To be an honors student, one must have a sense of independence but be willing/able to work well in a group setting. Lastly, they must be able to keep an open mind and most importantly, be open to criticism and improvement.
ReplyDeleteI am up for this challenge but like for any new class, no one truly knows if they are ready or not until they progress further into the course and that is true for me as well. However, I know that I should be able to surpass this challenge because at the end of the day, this class is just another hard class that should be able to be completed with enough effort, willpower, and determination.
My name is Skylar, and I will never forget to be awesome
An honors student in English is slightly different than one in Math. It is not to say that there are two separate students, different completely in personality. I’m a Math honors student and an English honors student. However, I feel that I’m a different person in both classes. Typically, I’m well known as a particularly loud student. In Math, I’m positive the students I’ve never had classes with think I don’t speak english, let alone speak at all. Most students in honors level Math are muted heavily in their normal personalities. Any loud student I’ve ever known, in any capacity, is quiet in Math, especially in honors level math. English is a different story. Although I’m generally quiet in Math, English honors classes have room for students to have meaningful conversations, and be openly vocal about their ideas. To be an honors student in English is to spark those meaningful conversations, have slightly intimate group discussions, and typically you will do something embarassing as a part of a demonstration. I feel that I’m up for the challenge, having taken English honors and accelerated classes all of my life. I feel that I am ready for this class because I’m not ashamed to voice any opinion, thought, or concern I may have. I’m also not ashamed to give a presentation about a topic, and present it in an embarrassing and humorous way. I think that if I was not ready to give it my all in this class, I would have been a “tad” bit nervous before school started, but I was hopeful, and excited to be able to use my skills learned in previous years in this class. Most importantly, my name is Marcus Kim, and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteBeing an honors student not only means taking honors classes, but also succeeding in them. Honor students take high class available where they can reach their full potential. Classes should be challenging, yet not so much where they are struggling. I know I am an honors student because I enjoy taking challenging courses. I have yet to enlist in one where I have to try hard and maximize my time. Because I strive to work and learn, I know I am ready for English 2 Honors. I fully understand that I have chosen to take Honors courses and intend to wade through and succeed in them. My name is Aidan Kaneshiro, and I will never forget to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I understand this year will be tough, I am up to the challenge of being an English Honors student. In my opinion being an English Honors student means enjoying english, begin proud of your english strengths and not dwelling on your weaknesses. English Honors students should be responsible, organized, and eager for success. No honors class a walk in the park and it shouldn’t be. Honors classes are made to be demanding in order to challenge students to work hard and achieve greatness. Honors classes are meant to be challenging because, how else could you improve without a challenge? I know I will face struggles but I will not give up. I will persevere through my academic hardships by using the English knowledge I have gathered throughout the years.
ReplyDeleteAs an English Honors student I believe that I have an above average vocabulary and can write fairly well. I know I am able to perform as an English Honors student because I learn with an open mind. I’m committed to the course work and feel ready to challenge myself this year. When I make a mistake, I will be ready to improve and learn from those mistakes. I know I am ready for English 2 Honors because I am prepared and my previous English Honors class has given me the tools and techniques I need to be successful in this class.
I know I will need to work hard but I am dedicated to everything I do. I understand that studying as much as needed and preparing for tests or quizzes is very beneficial and will have positive effects on my grade. It doesn’t hurt to review notes or the textbook after every English class or before tests. I am very flexible and am comfortable working in groups or alone. I think cooperating with classmates during group activities is key to communication for a successful learning experience. An Honors student should adapt to all forms of learning to feel fulfilled in the course. I feel confident to challenge myself and improve my style of writing to become a more successful student. I can’t wait to make unforgettable memories that I will cherish forever. My name is Angelo Sarullo, and I will never forget to be awesome.