To aid you in your quest, here are some basic steps for writing a eulogy:
1. Write a brief chronological outline of the key events that occurred in the person’s life from the time of birth until death. This will often remind you of several pivotal events experienced by the person (e.g. graduating from college, getting married, serving in the military, starting a business, etc.) that may be worth mentioning.
2. Write down your favorite memories of the deceased. Ask others (friends, relatives, co-workers) if they have favorite memories you can share. Often times people have things they want to say during the funeral but they are either afraid to speak or aren’t afforded an opportunity.
3. Make a list of some of the things that were important to the deceased person….things he/she was passionate about. This may trigger stories of their own that you can incorporate into your speech.
4. Combine all your thoughts, ideas, comments, and memories into one giant list. Review this list and decide which things you want to include in your speech.
5. Organize your chosen comments into some type of order. For example you might want to organize by:
- Chronological date the events occurred
- Common subjects (e.g. family, career, work, hobbies)
6. Write with logos, ethos, and pathos! And in a 3E fashion!
Be creative here! You could be yourself writing the eulogy, but you could also be a character from the given piece of literature, the author of the piece, etc.
This one will be due Saturday by 8pm.

We are gathered here today to say a heartbreaking goodbye to one of the world’s most brilliant scientist, Doctor Frankenstein. Victor Frankenstein was many things in his life. He was a scientist, a lover, and a man for revenge. Victor Frankenstein was the special snowflake that impacted everything and everyone he met within his life.
ReplyDeleteVictor Frankenstein was the first child of William Frankenstein and Caroline Beaufort. As he grew, most of his memories were full of bliss, but there were times when joy and happiness wasn’t possible. A few years after being the only child, William and Caroline decided to adopt Victor’s new his step sister and future wife, Elizabeth Lavenia. Even at such a young age, Victor called Elizabeth to his and his only. But soon then, tragedy struck as Caroline dies from scarlet fever from taking care of Elizabeth. These two events were the highest and lowest point of Victor’s early life. But as life continued so did more memories of sorrow.
Doctor Frankenstein, to sum it all up, was a crazy scientist but a sad man. He believed in doing the impossible and has shown that he had the influence of a miracle worker. He did what no other scientist has ever done before, which was to create life from the scratch. But achieving that goal came with consequences. As that monster decided to wreak havoc on humanity and did so mostly within Victor’s family and friends. First was the death of William, Victor’s younger brother, which caused the execution of Justine, Victor’s servant. This was just the beginning as the monster goes off and kills his best friend, Henry Clerval, and his wife, Elizabeth Lavenza. With so many deaths of family and friends surrounding Victor Frankenstein, he did what any other person who has seen their own wife getting murdered in from of their eyes would do, seek out revenge for the monster. But that desire of revenge came with a cost, the cost of his life. His body was found by Robert Walton when Robert found Victor’s empty body floating in the Arctic Ocean. It seems that during the search of the monster, Victor was too cold and out of supplies to handle the harsh weather of the artic. Hence him in engaging an eternal bliss as his grip onto life seamlessly released with ease. Victor Frankenstein, a boy who started young and carefree turned into a man filled with death and self-despair. As life seemed to be more and more cure to him, death seemed like a plausible answer to this matter. So today we’re all here to set him free from his tormented life by letting him rest next to his most loved one, Elizabeth.
*plays "Can’t Help Falling In Love - Kina Grannis" as we lower Victor Frankenstein casket down *
Christopher Leng
Today we're here to mourn the passing of Dr. Frankenstein. Dr. Frankenstein was an brilliant and amiable individual who passed away too early. He was a bright scientist whom had a vision that could've changed the world forever.
ReplyDeleteDr. Frankenstein was born in Geneva, Switzerland quite an idyllic location. His childhood was showered with love and happiness. His friends were Elizabeth Lavenza and Henry Clerval, two good souls. At the same time, he became very invested in science. He read an alchemy book by Albertus Magnus. However at this time, his mother dies from scarlet fever. His mother was a kind lady whom cared for all. Her last wish was that Victor and Elizabeth get married.Later, Victor heads off to a university called Ingolstadt, where his knowledge in science advances rapidly. His studies have increased so rapidly, he lived in a self-imposed exile. He becomes fascinated with anatomy, and wants to make non-living creatures once living again. From there, he created a monster which was an vile abomination itself that wrecked havoc on the rest of the mortal world. This monster drove him to the point of paranoia and laughed about his demise in the end. It took all he had and vanquished it. The being murdered the sweet Elizabeth Lavenza, William, Adolphus Lavenza, Henry Clerval, and countless others. When he was about to enjoy his marriage with Elizabeth Lavenza, it murdered her in cold blood. It took away the life of his best friend Henry Clerval in the most savage way possible. The monster murdered Clerval when Victor was sleeping, and he figured out that the next day his companion was dead. He was so desolate and downridden that he chose to exact his revenge upon the being that took everything he valued away from him. Throughout the world, he chased the monster, and it always would escape just as he got closer. Victor lost the being near the North Pole, and was found by Captain Walton and his crew. They fed and clothed him till he passed aboard their ship. He taught the crew valuable lessons about ambition and where the limits are. Dr. Frankenstein's story is quite a sad one, but he still will be with us even if he's gone.
Now is time for those close to him to voice their favorite memories of him. They will discuss what they remember of him, and give us their account of their experience of him. Here at the stage is two of his university professors, M. Krempe and M. Waldman. M. Waldman will take the stage."I remember Mr. Frankenstein as one of my brightest students who was deeply passionate about learning and science. I never thought his life will be this short. He had a life ahead of him which could have been marvelous. He just had so much potential which could have really changed the world." Thank you Professor M. Waldman for that brief, but memorable anecdote of Dr. Frankenstein. Next up on the stage is M. Krempe."He was indeed a excellent student whom had great potential. He was one of my classes and excelled in it. May he rest in peace."
Now, as you see the great being before us. We should remember his story as a sad one and honor it. Victor will live on in a better place. May God let him in heaven.
As we gather here today, still reeling from the tragic death of John The Savage, we are scared and confused by the unfairness that took his life. We should try to make sense of it and to understand the meaning of his passing. There are no easy answers and while it's painful, we must accept John's death and acknowledge the importance of his life. John's journey to the lighthouse was his own spiritual path. Unfortunately it ended tragically, but it forces us to look at his life's other journeys and accomplishments.
ReplyDeleteJohn was born naturally from Linda and The Director and raised on the savage reservation. John didn't fit wholly into either the Malpais society or the new world. His world was Shakespeare's world. John did return to the civilized world with his friend Bernard. John had a bit of culture shock but tried to understand this foreign society. He was intrigued by the soul of the new world but not a fan of their technology and control. He was a bit of a loner but always true to himself and his beliefs. John the Savage will be remembered for convincing the Deltas to stand up and throw away their soma. He also questioned Mond and his beliefs. Finally, John felt that suffering is necessary and part of what makes us human.
It is true that there is a sadness today, but all of these journeys that John The Savage took will enrich all of our lives. His overall goodness and strong ideals are what we will take with us today. John The Savage was a noble man may he Rest In Peace.
“Hello people of this inhumane society we live in. My name is Bernard Marx, and I am the only one who deserves to be here today. For I am the only one who knew John as a hero, not a weirdo. Just yesterday the world lost perhaps it’s last hope for humanity. This hope was put into human form, whom you nicknamed ‘John the Savage’. I met John for the first time upon my visit to the reservation in New Mexico. I was instantly taken back by his spirit and excitement for life outside the walls of the reservation. He was forced to live there for his whole life, as his mother Linda gave birth to him in the reservation. She was too ashamed to come back home with her baby. John grew up in a place where no one truly accepted him. Even his own mother scarcely had time for him, as she devoted most of her time to her sexual partners. Naturally, John longed for a life outside of the reservation, one that was beginning to seem like a prison.
ReplyDeleteAlthough Bernard is someone who I admire very much, his wish to leave the reservation was a stupid mistake. Ultimately, it led to his destruction. He thought he was escaping this prison of sorts, when in reality he was walking right into one. The prison of this society that we are standing in right now.
After just a few days of experiencing life in the world outside of the reservation, John realized his mistake. He realized that there was no more life left to be lived in this society. As I often heard him quoting his favorite (and only) books, the ones by a man named William Shakespeare, I myself learned a few things about what the world used to be like.
There was no soma, to erase our struggles. People had freedom. They could do whatever they wanted. Be who they wanted to be. There was pain. There was suffering, homelessness, and poverty. It was beautiful. The beauty was not in the pain that the people themselves felt, but in the the opportunity itself where you could feel or think anything at any moment. What made life so special was the fact that you never knew what was going to happen next. Furthermore, John knew what it was like to be human. He lived in an uncensored place. One where there was free thought and emotion. The comparison between these two worlds did not sit well with John.
So, he did what I could never do. He stood up for what he believed in.
I heard stories of John trying to restore the humanity back into people. One of the instances would be throwing soma out of the window, as a group of tennagers tried taking it. Despite his numerous and exhaustive efforts of trying to restore life in our society, he ultimately failed. He was forced to kill himself, for he knew it was better to be dead than living in a society where humans and life do not exist.
To be honest, it is not even your fault. You guys do not know that you are being controlled. You do not know what another life, a real life is. So you did what you thought was right. You made ridiculed and shamed John for being a savage. But perhaps John was the only person that was not actually a savage. He was the only real human. We are the real savages.”
John the Savage was a frank and strong-willed man in which I had admired before his passing. The passion he possessed for almost every endeavor he began was honestly what made John who he truly was, and he will forever be missed for this reason. I remember him telling me of his childhood, where it all began. He told me that he was born in a far-off place where most people have never been and only go to observe his peoples’ way of life. His mother, Linda, was also from a different world, dare I say, and adapted to what we would call a foreign lifestyle. One wouldn’t have to know John well to know of his curiosity, because he had plenty of it. It was this that sparked John’s interest of where his mother was from and how the world works. He read and read almost every day to gain this newly founded knowledge and the people of his world, who undoubtedly saw him as an outcast. Looking back, I think that John would want us to reflect on this. I think he would want us to question if being an outcast is even something we should be ashamed of. We now know that John wasn’t an outcast but so much more; he was an individual, and for this he came to the new world. Here, in our world, he was famous for his diversity.
ReplyDeleteJohn was very knowledgeable about things our people wouldn’t even consider behooving and it was this, his knowledge, that ironically shaded him from the beliefs and customs in our society. He struggled to obtain this, fought it even. John fell for one of our own, Lenina, who was frightened of these new feelings she was experiencing, whereas John was afraid of what he wouldn’t experience. He wanted a relationship, a connection to someone dear. Obviously, none of you could even begin to understand this desire, however John knew this well because of where he had come from. Confusing, very confusing was his life as he was at a constant war with himself over where he belongs. The truth is, I don’t think that John ever did just belong in one place and I don’t think that a person should. These ideas that I am pondering over isn’t what you normally would hear in our small bubble-of-a-world, however I cannot stress enough that even though we were engineered for one thing and one thing only we biologically do not follow the exclusion of a new way of life. If this was so, then nothing would ever change. Technically, we wouldn’t even have what we do now without this unconscious need. John was in high possession of this and was aware of it which is why he exiled himself from both his and our world on the small island with the now haunted lighthouse. This was when his conflict truly began to arise, as John felt guilty, even responsible, for his mother’s death. Pacing over this, he punished himself for the ability to enjoy his life again after one had just ended. I do not understand this, no one here would. I do, however, understand that we must move on after a tragedy, which is why I am giving this eulogy to John, my friend, whose life was taken too soon.
That lighthouse is to remain a memorial, a reminder of the importance of individuality and of knowing oneself. Let John be a reminder that one doesn’t belong in one place and that even when the light seeks you, there is a whole ocean out there to explore. John didn’t have time to grasp this idea, but I believe that he would be happy in knowing that we now live on in a better world. Do not morn his death. We will keep in in our hearts and mind and hope that he will guide us, much like that of a compass, not home, but in the right direction.
Macbeth was a man whose thirst for power aided him in his rise to the throne. He and Lady Macbeth would stop at nothing to benefit politically. Aided in his journey by The Weird Sisters, who prophesied his becoming king, Macbeth fell to his lust for power the day he was made Thane of Cawdor. He was such a powerhouse on the battlefield that no lesser title could be expected to be given to him. However, King Duncan decided that his son, Malcom, would be his successor to the throne at an audience shortly later. Macbeth, was surprised and upset that all of his work had been for naught, and, because he never gave up, he hatched a plan to ensure things would go differently. That night, during a feast in Macbeth's castle, the warrior killed King Duncan. The former king's cowardly sons, Malcom and Donalbain, ran away to England and Ireland, respectively, as Macbeth was crowned king. Shortly into his reign, Macbeth began to feel paranoid. He ordered hits on Banquo and his son and the family of Macduff, the Thane of Fife. Lady Macbeth killed herself because of the utter guilt she felt for what the couple had started. Although a prophecy had helped Macbeth to feel confident that he would not be killed, he fell to an enraged Macduff after killing his family. Macbeth died a sad and unfulfilled man, forever haunted by the guilt he felt for rising so unjustly to the throne of Scotland. Had Macbeth been a more content and ethical man, he would likely have found himself rising in the ranks in no time.
ReplyDeleteVictor was my best friend. From the moment we met as young boys, to the very end he was there for more. I knew that when we met, we would become inseparable. He was the most caring, supportive, and hard working person I’ve ever known. Everything he did was for his family. He loved his family more than anything. You could see it in the way he looked at his father or thought about his mother. I know that Elizabeth would say that there was no man who cared for the well being of his family than Victor did. Victor was always there for me whenever I needed him. He was supportive for everyone around him. Victor was also the hardest working person i've ever known. When he wanted something, he would go after his dreams without looking back. He would let nothing come between him or his goals. Victor would stop at nothing to be the best he could be in whatever subject he wanted. He was an inspiration for me to pursue my own dreams. Victor, you were and will always be my best friend. I will miss you dearly and promise to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon friends and family of our beloved Dr. Victor Frankenstein. It brings me great sadness to have to present this eulogy for one of my closest friends. From his birth in 1770 victor was always drawn towards learning. This passion didn't stop when his family moved to geneva and he began school. Some of my fondest memories are playing with Victor and his adopted sister elizabeth who would one day become his wife and his best friend Henry Clerval. His love of learning grew into a passion for science and in 1788 he traveled to germany to attend Ingolstadt a very prejudice house of knowledge. He would study genetics, chemistry and biology which were his favorite subjects. I can remember how proud his dad was of him even though he was sad to see his son leave. Victor was such a caring and forgiving person after his younger brother william sadly passed away he spoke out for the innocents of the excused murder Justine beven though she would later be found guilty and executed in a court of law. He cared so much about his brother william who was taken from us while he was so young. His work took him all over the world. Victor traveled to scotland with his friend Henry where they visited many interesting places. Victor even traveled to the arctic but this would be the last trip he ever took. His life was a full and wonderful one he would marry his wife in 1797 but shortly after she would pass away tragically. Though victor suffered many hardships through his life he will always be remembered by those who loved him. Many of his professors remember him as a very bright young man with a very promising future ahead of him. He will be dearly missed. Thank you for coming.
ReplyDeleteToday we gather to remember someone very important to all of us: Victor Frankenstein. Ever since he was a child it was clear he would do great things in his life. It was very clear that he was a pure genius. When Victor saw a tree struck by lightning on that fateful day, he became fascinated with natural science and, eventually, would use this memory in his life’s work. Torn apart by his mother’s death when he was only seventeen, Victor went to the University of Ingolstadt for college where he begins the major project of his life. With his mother’s death always in the back of his mind, Victor sought to create artificial life. He succeeded before realizing the terrible thing he had done. He must have been so scared when the terrifying creature first approached him. Victor’s misfortunes continued when his youngest brother, William, was killed by the dreadful creature. Poor Victor had lost two people very important to him in the span of only a few years. Victor then has to live with guilt for the rest of his life after his friend, Justine, is charged with the murder. Victor nobly dedicated the rest of his life to tracking down the monster and during this time he lost even more loved ones. His wife, Elizabeth, and his best friend, Henry, were both ruthlessly murdered by the monster, and his father died from the pain and shock of so much loss. These deaths added fuel to Victor’s fire and he sought to destroy the monster until his death.
ReplyDeleteVictor Frankenstein was a happy child who was torn apart by grief and pain. The loss of his mother affected him greatly because he was such a loving and caring man and was so close with his family. The size of his brain was unmatched with the size of his heart. My favorite memory of Victor was his wedding, which unfortunately ended in disaster later that night. Everyone who knew Victor knew his deep love for Elizabeth which went back to when they were children. Though the wedding was quick, it was clear how in love the couple was. To find out that his wife was killed on his wedding night was the final straw for poor Victor. Victor Frankenstein was an incredible man and will always be missed, but he will stay in our hearts.
Dr. Victor Frankenstein was a brilliant man in many respects. Not only was he kind and caring, but also hard working and persevering. His life began in Geneva, where he was born into a wealthy and caring family. It was in his childhood when he met me, Henry Clerval, and we became the greatest of friends almost immediately. As children, Victor and I were inseparable. We endured all that life threw at us together. Ironically enough, Victor and I would also endure life’s trials together as adults. Once he reached high school, Victor developed a strong fascination for enigmas that occurred in our world today. He feverishly studied books of all kinds. Soon thereafter, he got accepted into the college of Ingolstadt to study chemistry and natural philosophy. I can vividly remember the excitement on his face when he realized that he got accepted. I was genuinely excited for him, but also devastated that my best friend was leaving Geneva. It was then when I momentarily lost touch with my childhood best friend. I gained back touch with Victor a few years later, when we ran into each other on the streets near the college of Ingolstadt. It was a blessing to finally reconcile with him again. Victor fell ill because of circumstances that I did not know, but with his perseverance and will, he was able to become healthy once again. I was so fortunate to be able to have been there with Victor during one of his hardest times. Although Victor went through some difficult times, he never let it get to him. He always found a way to move past the trials and tribulations that life threw at him. And boy did Victor have many hardships during his life. That was what made Victor so special; the fact that he conquered everything that life threw at him. I saw him endure the deaths of his little brother William, his mother, and various other family friends. His grief was met with the resilience that he has had every since he was a child. That was what made Victor Frankenstein the extraordinary human being that he was. May my dear childhood friend, Victor Frankenstein, rest in peace.
ReplyDeleteFor those who I am not familiar with, my name is Robert Walton. Although I only had the privilege to know Dr. Frankenstein for a short period of time prior to his untimely death, I would like to say a few words honoring my dear friend. Victor came into my life during a time of distress and turmoil for me. He provided me with loyal friendship and advice throughout a time where I truly needed his support and guidance.
ReplyDeleteIn addition to giving me advice and friendship, Dr. Frankenstein also shared his life story. While telling you some of my most beloved memories of Victor, I will also boast of some of his accomplishments to honor his memory. Victor was born in Geneva to his respectable parents, Alphonse and Caroline, who are now deceased. Soon after his birth, Alphonse and Caroline adopted Elizabeth, who Victor falls madly in love with and marries. In his teen years, Victor gets accepted into the prestigious University of Ingolstadt. Here, he befriends his beloved professor, M. Waldman. Unfortunately, M. Waldman cannot be with us today as he is studying abroad, but he has asked me to share an anecdote of his first impressions of our beloved, Victor. Here are M. Waldman’s words:
“After my first Chemistry lecture, Victor payed me a visit to inquire about some books on natural philosophy he had read. After I told him that the books he had been studying for years were outdated, instead of deflating, he proceeded to ask me for some more modern books on natural philosophy. I could then tell that Victor’s motivation towards his scientific inquiries were tireless, and I thereby had no doubt that he was going to be successful in all his scientific endeavors”.
After sharing M. Waldman’s valuable anecdote about our beloved, I shall continue with some of my own memories of my dear friend. Once at university, Victor starts the pursuit of the scientific achievement of a creating an artificial life form. Victor, being a natural chemist and philosopher, was able to achieve this feat. However, my dear friend had not anticipated the results of creating such a monster and reaped the consequences quite gravely. Oh, the grief and remorse my dear Victor felt was unfathomable! Even through this grief, Victor still conjured the energy to be devoted to me and to share his life stories with me, stories in which I will treasure forever. Perhaps, my favorite memory I shared with Victor was when he first told me his life’s endeavors. Victor also showed great compassion towards other people in his life. He cherished his memories with his deceased wife, Elizabeth and his dear friend, Henry Clerval.
Unfortunately, I was with Victor when he became sickly and passed away. When I found my dear friend dead, I was sickened with grief. However, soon after my friend’s death, a strange and unbearably ugly creature came by and seemed highly distressed by the death of Victor. He then describes Victor as, “…the select specimen of all that is worthy of love and admiration among men” (Shelley, 280). I think these are the perfect words to describe my one true and loyal friend, Dr. Victor Frankenstein.
We are gathered here today to celebrate and honor the life and death of John B. Savage. John was born to his mother Linda a Beta in the savage lands on January 28, 6027 and the Director of Central London Hatchery and Conditioning Centre. John grew up in the savage lands with his mother and it wasn’t until he was much older that John would visit the World State and his life would begin starting with meeting Bernard Marx his only friend and manager of his fame and wild behavior. Bernard an Alpha and a misfit would travel to the lands with his girlfriend Lenina and meet John and his mother to take him back to the old state. John then meets his father the director and instantly gains fame as the savage. John would be captivated by Lenina at first sight his only love whom he would try to share ideas with and learned many things about the World Sate people. John worked the rest of his life tirelessly working on making the world state people open their eyes and really see the world around them. This included his rally with soma and the workers where he protested against their soma ration and threw them out the window. John believed that literature and the ways of the old where beautiful and that the world he lived in was one of misinformed people. John had the privilege of meeting Mustapha Mond the world controller and with him decided to life the rest of his life in an abandon light house. John would constantly attract crowds and at the hight of his career he would whip himself out side of his house in punishment for what he felt being alone. John’s uncivilized violence towards his paparazzi prompted more reporters and a popular feely that you all know and love was made from John’s whipping. Fans of the feely (including many of you here today) would flock to Johns house after the feely’s release and chant, Lenina arrived in an helicopter and John attempted to whip her in an unorthodox manner. John was found dead on July 19, 6051, he was twenty-four. Johns sad passing left us all in shock since this praised icon of our world state will be missed greatly. Bernard Marx his friend and manager’s favorite memory of John was when Bernard took John to see the director Bernard states that he was scared for his position in society but once John was there and made the director embarrassed he saved Bernard’s job. Bernard would like to say he will miss Johns fame and appreciates that johns curiosity and unorthodox behavior is over. Lenina’s favorite memory of John was going to the feelies with him and teaching him the ways of society. Lenina stated she was very confused about there relationship and wished she got spend more time with him. Johns importance in the feely industry is world wide and his feely made the top charts. John will never be understood fully and his actions were a wonder to all of the world state but we wish John a great soma holiday with our great leader Ford.
ReplyDeleteOn my latest endeavor into the Arctic Ocean, I had the privilege of meeting the most fascinating man I’ve ever encountered, Dr. Frankenstein. We became fast friends, and he honored me with the regaling of his life story and some very timely advice before unfortunately departing from this world. Dr. Frankenstein was an admirable, accomplished, and ambitious man. He had a great passion for the natural sciences, and it was his life goal to create a better, more advanced human being. He served to better humanity and was driven by his dedication to the greater good. Some of the events of his life I am about to reveal to you are perhaps scandalous and disconcerting, but Victor told me these things in the hope that I will heed his advice and learn from his mistakes, which I will do my best to fulfill. I implore you to do the same.
ReplyDeleteVictor Frankenstein was born in Geneva to parents Alphonse and Caroline Frankenstein. Victor was always an intelligent and gifted child and attended the esteemed University of Ingolstadt. He was a star pupil, excelling particularly in the fields of natural philosophy and chemistry. He became interested in the perhaps vain conquest of defeating death and creating a living creature from deceased parts. Victor succeeded in creating a living being, but quickly grew horrified at his unnatural act. Victor returned home to find that his brother William was tragically murdered, and Victor immediately knew it was his creature that had committed the crime. Victor confronted the creature, who admitted to the heinous act. To stop his monster from causing more harm, Victor reluctantly agreed to create a companion for the monster. However, Victor quickly realized another creature could lead to more chaos, so he destroyed the companion.
Victor then married Elizabeth, the love of his life and his adopted sister. The monster, to get back at Victor for killing his companion, killed Elizabeth on their wedding night, leaving Victor devastated and enraged. Victor then chased the monster around the world all the way to the Arctic Ocean, where his and my paths crossed. My ship was stuck in impassable ice, though my ambition to reach the North Pole urged me to continue. Victor was weak and near-death when we helped him onto our ship and nursed him back to health. It was then when Victor told me all of this, recognizing bits of himself in me. His tale allowed me to realize my own limits, and I am forever grateful to him. Rest in peace, dear friend.
This message is dedicated to a dear friend who was very important to me named John, who sadly passed away recently. He had quite the life, born without ever knowing his father until the very end of his life, and was eventually exiled. John’s exhilirating story began when he became acquaintances with a friend of mine named Bernard Marx while Bernard was visiting the Savage Reservation, John’s home.
ReplyDeleteJohn’s father, the Director, was once on a trip with Linda, John’s mom, prior to John’s birth, however during a storm she got split up from the Director, and was lost. The Director ended up leaving after not being able to find Linda, however Linda was discovered and rescued by the Savages at the Reservation and received treatment. Linda was found pregnant, and eventually gave birth to John who ended up living his life apart from the World State, but in the Savage Reservation. He ended up learning English through reading Shakespearean stories, which he alluded to numerous times. Upon meeting Bernard, we learn that he was considered an outsider at the Savage Reservation, unable to participate in their rituals and events. Eventually, Bernard, Lenina, and John travel back to the World State so that John could ultimately confront the Director. Upon doing so, his mom ends up becoming sick, triggering his hate of soma and the lifeless society that he is now surrounded by, and causing an outburst which he targetted at soma and the soma distributors. He eventually found himself an outsider at not only the Savage Reservation, but now the World State. It was very well-known that he eventually was exiled to a lighthouse in London, as well as hanging himself soon after.
I learned about his sentence to solitary confinement, and immediately went to attempt to visit him. The numerous amount of reporters crowding John prevented me from ever seeing my dear friend one last time. I left, and eventually heard that he hung himself, not the way I imagined him dying. I was one of his friends who learned English through Shakespeare, which is probably my favorite memory I have of him and I together. Not only that, but the book him and I read together to learn English is not only my favorite possession, but probably his as well. Truly, John was one of a kind, distant from others, yet unique and lively in everything he did. I wish him well on his brave new journey.
I remember the day I wrote John the Savage into life. The conditions he was born into were tragic. Living in a society that alienated him because his mother came from the outside, John never lost his spirit. I remember writing when he first discovered Shakespeare- I still smile at the memory. I can picture the intensity he would have whenever reading the Complete Works of William Shakespeare. He devoured the novel over and over as if it could allow him to escape from a world in which he never belonged. It broke my heart when John first came out of the reserve, excited to go to a place where he finally belonged. Only I knew then that he would be even unhappier here. No matter where John went, he could never belong. But even through these hardships, he still managed to remain brave, honest and spiritual. Even when all the world deserted him, he remained faithful.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite scenes to write for him was when he found Lenina sleeping after taking a large amount of soma. “Her eyes, her hair, her cheek... Handlest in thy discourse O!”(144). Quoting Romeo and Juliet, he must have felt a kinsmanship with Romeo. They both loved so intensely, and both stories end in tragedy. This scene shows a more tender, romantic side to John. It’s one of the few scenes left when John was actually happy, before his life in the new world made him unhappy enough to kill himself.
The scene I wrote that I believed best shows his bravery was when he stole the soma from a group of Deltas, in his last chance to try and change the world he was in. He mostly thought of his mother- how she had been a slave, and she died. He believed that “others should live in freedom, and the world be made beautiful” (210). He was so good, but naive. He thought that if he took the soma, the Deltas would realize that their life needs change. Little did he know that they were programmed this way from birth, and there was no changing them. Just like he could never learn to live like those in society, they could never learn to live like those in the reserve. No matter what he tried, he would still be an outcast.
I knew exactly what I was doing when I killed him off, but it still haunts me. Perhaps, if I had let him go to the island with Bernard and Hemholts, he would still be with us today. Of all the characters I have written about, his will always have a place in my heart. He will always remain alive, living infinite lives, every time someone reads Brave New World. So, I urge you all... go forth, spread the word. Run to your local library, visit Barns and Noble. Buy my book and leave good ratings online. This way we will never forget the brave and honest John the Savage. Thank you.
Lady Macbeth was a wonderful wife and friend, whose life ended too quickly in a sorrowful way. Lady Macbeth grew up with her friends and family when she met me, Macbeth. Since then we have been solemates. I knew on our wedding that we would be together forever and every moment would be cherished. We have experienced a lot of challenges together but that had never stopped us loving each other. She would always encourage me and push me to become my best. Every obstacle was possible with her. I asked her most loyal friend to describe lady Macbeth in one word and she used “perseverance”. No matter what Lady Macbeth would perform any difficult task with extreme effort to succeed achievement always. Everyone enjoyed her company and magnificent personality. She would always brighten up the room and would make everyone feel loved. It is truly hard to say goodbye to such a wonderful woman. I will love you forever Lady Macbeth.
ReplyDeleteToday we have a chance to celebrate the life of the late John the Savage. Though born into a tough world, he tried to make the most of his life. From an early age, John was always interested in finding out everything about the world through nature and books. His mother gave birth to him outside of the city, in the reservation. John did not receive the typical upbringing as those in the city did. His tribe taught him the ways of the world, and his mother even taught him how to read. John always thought that he was one and the same with the rest of the tribe until the day of the coming of age ceremony. All of the other kids his age were going through the ceremony, but John was left out. After this, he began to wonder if he was in the right place or not. One day, John had the chance to meet Lenina, a girl from the city. Lenina was out travelling with her partner Bernard on a research trip. Bernard, after meeting John, decided that he would bring John to the city. At first, John was amazed at how wonderful the city was, but after he had been there for a while, he began to see the shortcomings of the society. John knew that this society was dysfunctional, and he tried to voice his opinions. However, the director of the city would not let him. This did not stop John the Savage, and he continued to try and spread the news that the society was not as it seems. Unfortunately, even after all of his hard work, no one listened to him. After a while, people started making fun of him because of his different ideas, which eventually led to his tragic death. John the Savage will always be remembered as someone who saw what was wrong and had the courage to point it out even though his audience paid him no attention. Everyone can learn a lesson from John, even though he is not with us anymore. Don'd be afraid to voice your opinions and stand up for what is right. If you see a problem with society, don't be afraid to shed light on the problem. Even if people won't hear you out, they might start having doubts as well. So, even though John was met with a cruel death, he will never be forgotten.
ReplyDeleteMy dear and beloved creator, M. Frankenstein,
ReplyDeleteYears and years ago, Frankenstein had the most genius plan to create his own splitting image of a human out of dead corpses. He went to school for many years to study, separated from his family for utter and complete focus on his biggest goal yet. He worked long days, many times the whole entire day and night. He isolated himself, only socializing if it relates to his project. He became so enhanced at his work that he disregarded his own health, mentally and physically. All of this, for the creation of me. He prioritized me over every aspect of his life. I never realized how much Frankenstein sacrificed until he had only moments left to live. I was never able to give him a proper “Thank you”.
Back to the days when he reconnected with his family again. The laughs and smiles that were shared during those times, oh how I longed for this. I saw in his eyes how much anxiety he had because of my lurking presence and the idea that he created such a hideous creature like me. His greatest creation failed him. I wanted so much to be like him, a man with emotions, people who love him for who he was and doesn’t get judged by the actions or appearances he has. For my own master to not judge me and to love me for who I am. Frankenstein instead was disgusted by my looks and did not want anything to do with me. This transferred negatively onto me, I began to see my life through different eyes, selfishly and cowardly.
I remember seeing the moments where Elizabeth and Frankenstein laid on the beach hand and hand on their wedding day. I reflected during these times, oh how I hated his guts. How could a man be happy with all the troubles and problems he has? I was foolish and blind during these times which resulted in me acting in a terrible manner. I only realize now that he taught me a lesson indirectly, be happy and grateful for what you have right in front of you. Frankenstein had the motivation and persistence to keep going on in life. Frankenstein was not only my creator, but my master, teacher, and family member.
I’ve learned so much from his experiences just by watching and interacting with him. But after all these situations, I never realized how many positive and uplifting events happened in my life. Without Frankenstein, it never would have happened. Like examining and living out real human interactions with the villagers. The excitement of these new ideas caused me so much joy when I didn’t even understand what happiness was.
Oh, how I hurt him so, killing the ones he loved the most, and still have the motivation to go on with life. I cannot fathom how much pain and sadness he went through. What have I done? I shall pay for my sins this night. I cannot carry on with this burden on my shoulders. So, from the bottom of my cold and wretched heart, I’m sorry.
To my friend Victor-
ReplyDeleteI remember the day you came to me, nearly killed by fatigue and the chilly Arctic air. Yet in such a wretched condition, you bestowed upon me a kindness that reanimated my spirit-as I had finally found a friend on the wide open waters to confide in. And as I look over our time together I realize how truly fortunate our meeting was. Your story saved the lives of many men.
I believe it began with his childhood in Geneva. His parents adopted a beautiful little girl-Elizabeth-who he was ever so passionate about. She was raised as Victor’s “cousin” and to be his future wife. However, his passions also lied in the studies of natural sciences and the discovery of the secrets of the heavens and the earth unknown to mankind. And there at the University of Ingolstadt he would achieve the extraordinary. His ambitions took flight, leading him to bestow life upon the horrible monster that ruined his life. Oh poor Victor who suffered so greatly! For he had fallen ill with guilt just knowing he may have released destruction upon the world. First William found dead, then Justine wrongly convicted-both murdered at the hands of the monster. Victor then took to the mountains to ease his guilt and grief, where he was confronted by the monster a second time (the first time right after William’s death). And this monster dared to ask for a favor from Victor, requesting the creation of a female monster! Oh the prospect! But he knew this was the only way to protect his family, so he left to seek a secluded area in the Orkney Islands of Great Britain accompanied by his best friend, Henry Clerval. And there, amidst his work, he found himself again confronted by the horrible sight of the monster. He was overcome with fear of the possible consequences of creating second monster, so he quickly destroyed his project and disposed of it in the ocean. Upon seeing this, the monster promised to “be with him on his wedding night” and continued to murder Henry Clerval in the forest of an Irish island. Victor was accused and found himself in prison for many months before being acquitted. Finally, he returned to Geneva where he prepared to marry Elizabeth. But in the end, on the night of his wedding, the monster targeted Elizabeth instead of him.
Though our time was short, you showed me that nothing-not even great scientific discoveries-can exceed the importance of family and the human need for love and relationships. You proved that even passion and ambition, when unchecked, can have an ugly side.
-Robert Walton
Today we are gathered to commemorate the life of Victor Frankenstein, an ambitious man who had dedicated his life to his work. While, he may have spent a lot of his time away from others, those that did know him will know that he truly was a kind and caring man that loved his friends and family. An intelligent individual from birth, Victor expressed his passion for knowledge through his great scientific discovery and his commitment to it. I, Robert Walton, am here to aid us in recalling the great life of Victor Frankenstein. Being the last person he had spoken to, I believe I can retell some key events from his life just as he told them to me.
ReplyDeleteVictor was born to a kind family and showed his fascination with science when he was young as well. To satisfy his obsession for scientific discovery, Victor spent most of his time on doing the extraordinary: artificially creating life. Victor spent his years in isolation making his dream come true, and he was successful in his endeavors. Although the creature he brought life to had caused trouble for him, it still proves that he was intellectually superior and capable of what many would think is impossible. His success shows that one is capable of success with determination and ambition. When the creature became less beneficial to Victor’s life, he then spent his life to stopping the creature, showing his selflessness and care for others, especially his family. As Victor prioritized protecting his family from his own mistake, he exhibited his responsibility as a person. The creature proved itself to be a threat to others so Victor made himself responsible and did all he could to help others from the creature. Throughout his life, Victor showed his dedication to the things he loved the most, science and his family, and he eventually took responsibility to keep things in order between the two.
Looking back on his life, we should follow his example and do everything that he did well. Everyone should have some sort of motivation and drive to succeed just as Victor did with his studies. On the other hand, we must be sure not to make the same mistakes as him, so we should not overwork ourselves or be blinded by our ambitions. Another thing we could learn from Victor is that we should take care of what is important to us whether it be work, family or something else. To best remember Victor Frankenstein’s life, we should remember the best parts of his life.
I am Robert Walton, an explorer and adventurist. With great honors, I take the opportunity to express my deep respects toward Dr. Frankenstein, whom I unexpectedly encountered years ago on a voyage in the Arctic. Before the miserable death of this man, whom I regarded as a genuine friend, he told me his impressive life story that influenced and changed my life forever.
ReplyDeleteBorn in a loving family with supportive parents, Dr. Frankenstein had a joyful childhood full with love and care. The adoption of his cousin Elizabeth elevated the happiness even more within the Frankenstein family. Having to grow up in such a beloved environment, Dr.Frankenstein expressed a great sense of innocence and excitement toward the world, especially through his growing interest and curiosity in science. However, his pursuit in scientific success was not supported by his father as he continued to dive into works of alchemists including Cornelius Agrippa, Albertus Magnus, and Paracelsus. Frankenstein’s mother, Caroline, died due to severe illness when he was only seventeen. Her death further strengthens his obsessions with mortality and determination to conquer the moral lines between life and death, which impacted his future forever.
Later in college, Frankenstein’s ambition in science continued to grow. After leaving his close friend Henry Clerval and his family away for several months, he successfully created a living creature, or in his words, a “monster”. Although he denied this creation, I greatly admired his success in fulfilling his ambition in the field of science. As an explorer myself, I greatly respect his courage to accomplish an endeavor that no one else would ever achieve successfully. In my opinion, he was an admirable individual who contributed huge achievements to the science community. Moreover, I believe the philosophy behind his success should be remembered and respected. Sometimes creative ideas might be considered as bold or eccentric, but many of them are often key to innovations and progress, which Dr. Frankenstein clearly promoted with his creation of the living being.
As a scientist, Dr. Frankenstein was no doubt successful; however, as a son, a brother, a husband, and a friend, he brought great misfortunes to the people whom he loved and cared. As a consequence of Frankenstein’s abandonment, the malevolence buried inside of the creature turned him into a true monster who took revenge on all innocent people as a consequence of solitude and rage. Though he wanted to protect them and prevent more misfortunes, Dr.Frankenstein was too weak confronting the powerful, abhorred monster. The despondency and helplessness are what make my dear friend’s story truly impressive and tragic. Even with that state of mind, Dr.Frankenstein sill held the courage to end the disaster created in his own hands, where he seeked the monster to the Arctic with a wounded body and wounded heart.
Cold and moribund was his state when I first met him. He was so weak where he quickly became unconscious after we saved him on the ship. My poor friend was still thinking about revenge for the dreadful loss of his family with barely any breaths in his body. I express true sympathy towards him and his losses with the very feelings of my heart. His achievements did not deserve such diasastrous results as the end of his life. My friend, he died in pain and despondent, and I would never forget what he brought to the world and what he’d experience through. Once again, with great honor and regards, I pray for my dear friend Dr.Frankenstein and may he rest in peace.
Viktor Frankenstein was a passionate man who was doomed by fate to be the creator of a monster that was bound to ruin his life. Viktor, a genius who was the first to create a living monster from pieces of corpses, was for some reason punished by God for his ambition and intellect. After spending countless months of intense labor to create this scientific anomaly, the monster repaid him by going around and killing everyone close to Viktor. The monster trapped him on an island and forced him to create another chimera, presumably so they could take over the world, but Viktor heroically ripped apart the monster’s would-be accomplice. While saving the world, this is where Viktor’s would come crashing down, because the monster spent the last part of Viktor’s meaningful life taking everyone Viktor cared about from him. Rightfully so, Viktor spent the last part of his life hunting down the monster that destroyed his life.
ReplyDeleteAlthough the monster took him from society before we were able to create many memories with him, there were many things he was passionate about. He was a loving man and married his lifelong love. She was taken from him on his wedding night, so he endured tragedy. But above all, he was a brilliant scientist who devoted his whole life to pursuing the mystery of life. He spent almost all his life on his project of creating the monster, and his scientific discoveries have had a lasting impact on society. He was able to overcome massive tragedy in his life and was able to contribute more to the world more than 99% of average people do in their lifetimes. He was no average man, and perhaps a little crazy as all scientists are, but will be missed by more than just his family.
A true light in the darkness of this world of corruption and ignorance. While all of society banished him as a reject, unable to fit into the two extremes of civilization, John the Savage paved his own path in a way that made him happy in his own weird little way. Personally, I did not understand his perception of the world, maybe because he had seen too many horrors to face the challenges which were thrown at him. He had some sort of hatred for the physical expression of intimacy, always ranting on about how he didn’t deserve my love. Still, he was extremely attractive, and I’m sorry that he was unable to live the life that he could have. From the moment I saw him at the Reservation, I knew I loved him. Though our definitions of love were seemingly different, I knew that we both had some level of infatuation for each other. He was so smart and kind; I know John definitely would have been an Alpha Plus had he been born into our better and more civilized society. When I visited Malpais for the first time, I witnessed many of the atrocities that he was subject to for so long, and I truly believe he could have been extremely successful if he grew up in the order and refinement of those living under the Ford. He had a unique outlook on life and constantly wanted to make it better for him and those around him. After his death, I have learned even more of how John the Savage influenced the thinking of the people around him. Today, I will share the memories which Helmholtz Watson and Mustapha Mond have shared with John with everyone because it is too difficult for them to speak of the man with whom they had such a strong connection. John was an intellectual, to say the least. He was able to appreciate the symbolism and ingenuity in works of literature in way in which no one ever could. He understood the conflict that Watson faced in being an outcast and expressing his emotions through the art form which both the men excelled at and enjoyed very much. They also instantly felt a connection just as John and I did, and their bond was truly unbreakable. Sadly, Helmholtz could not be here today because his quirks which John especially loved caused him to be sent away. Mustapha Mond found John interesting at their first meeting because he also believed in all the unworldly ideals which the Savage spoke of. John helped him to understand his personal conflict on the true meaning of happiness in this modern world. My sympathy for him has no limit as I know he was extremely lonely when he was made a reject in the Savage Reservation, and his primitive behavior caused his downfall in the land of our Ford. Though we could not have been any more different, I, Lenina Crowne, loved John the Savage endlessly and will need an extremely large amount of soma to overcome his death.
ReplyDeleteVictor Frankenstein, a loving father and scientist, has reached his final moments in life just a few days ago. He was found deceased, most likely from the exhaustion after chasing the cruel, horrifying monster. We will never forget him for his brave acts against the monster so today, let us commemorate him by remembering the life of Dr. Frankenstein. As a young child, he had the perfect childhood with a supportive mother and a loving father. He was a studious child even back then and always had a passion for the scientific field, which his mother encouraged as well. His relatives told me that he would talk about how he would help the world with his inventions. His interest in science grew as he became older, leading to the great yet tragic achievement. Later in his childhood, Frankenstein met his future wife Elizabeth, a beautiful lady and wife, and they grew closer as they promised their love for each other. From what I have heard, they were a loving couple who cherished each other until their last moments. The two will rest for eternity and be able to adore each other once again. As he enters adulthood, Frankenstein pursued his goals in science by attending a university, where he met Henry Clerval, who was his close companion and he gave Frankenstein joy and happiness during the darkest times. When Frankenstein finally reached his goal of creating life, he realized how horrifying the creation he made was. As a caring man for us, he searched for the monster after it left to prevent it from harming anymore innocent people. But happiness was ephemeral as the ruthless monster murdered the innocent Clerval and Elizabeth, causing despair for Frankenstein. After meeting the monster again, he was too exhausted to move on, resulting to his death. Hence, Victor Frankenstein was a passionate scientist who wanted to change the world with his inventions and saved us from the terrifying monster. He will now rest with his beloved wife, friend, and family members forever.
ReplyDeleteNanako Tanisaka
ReplyDeleteOh, Victor; truly a person unlike any other. Sure, he wasn’t perfect but nobody is, and he will surely hold a special place in all of our hearts. He was an extremely hard worker and had astronomical contributions to the science community. His work ethic and curiosity were unmatched; working day and night by himself until he finally achieved his goal, conquering death. Giving life was previously thought to be impossible, so doing this alone is a huge testament to his intellect. Through blood and tears, Victor finally resuscitated a dead human thus conquering death.
Some might say he did unspeakable acts in order to achieve his goals. However, the end justifies the means.
We should feel remorse for him as he did not live a happy life. During his time, Victor had do deal with the deaths of many close to him. His Brother(William), his bestfriend(Clerval), and even his newly-wed wife(Elizabeth) all passed before him. He was an amazing scientist, person, and friend. It’s a shame that he had to live such a short life.
Aidan Kaneshiro
Dr. Frankenstein was not only a beloved husband and friend but an amazing scientist who helped revolutionize his field and helped mold it into the subject it is today. Dr. Frankenstein's was born on January 1, 1818 and it was a miraculous day, filled with laughter and joy. Victor had a wonderful childhood. He was very close with his family, especially with dear Elizabeth. I remember a story Elizabeth once told about how when they were younger, Victor would dress-up in the most beaituiful gown and join Elizabeth at some of her tea parties. As Victor starting growing up, he started to earn a passion for science even though everyone didn't think, especially his father, that it was such a good idea to pusue this intrest. Darn his stubborness, of course, he went against everyone's wishes. However, without his stubborness and ambitiousness, he wouldn't be our Victor. Soon, Victor ventures of into this strange world and attended the University of Ingolstadt in Germany. There, he studied and learned about Galvanism, Biology and Electricity under the brillaint Proffessor M. Waldon. The day Victor was able to successfully use the Galvanist method on the frog and made one of his limbs mood was probably one of the happiest day of his life, I swear, I thought he was going to throw a Galvanism party. After college, Victor, following his ambitiousness, attempted something no man has ever done. And, if you knew Dr. Frankenstein, you know you shouldn't say its impossible around him, because he will make it possible, no matter the cost. Now, I know everyone heard of rumors that he created a monster like no other from scratch and that many people believe that he should've acted more moderately, but I would have to disagree with that. Dr. Frankenstein was absoloutly brilliant and if he did create this monster, he raised the bar for modern scince and showed what real potential is out there.He was absoloutly amazing but unfortunately he cut himself of from his family. But don't worry, Victor rejoined them and soon a wedding happened for Elizabeth and Victor, fulfilling thier mom's last wish. Unfortunately, Elizabeth soon died after the wedding, effecting Victor. I know this effected his stability but Victor was so resilient and pushed through at even the saddest times of his life. Sadly, for many of us, our last memory of him was the beautiful "i do's" at their wedding. However, there were stories that he continud to live an adventorous life and even ended up in a Irish prison. Leave it to Victor to get stuck in an Irish prision. Damn, he keeps outshining our accomplishments. Dr. Frankenstein was an amzing man, who met many different characters and people throughout his life, and I ask of you to share your memories of him so we are able to learn a little bit more about our zealous, mysterious friend. I know we all hold little pieces of him and if we come together, we will be able to piece together our friend and maybe get to know him even better after life than we did during his life.
ReplyDeleteEma Straser
Victor Frankenstein was not your typical man. He lived to the fullest---by living with no limitations he achieved his dreams in a very short amount of time. I remember as a child how passionate he was about alchemy. He was so passionate about weird things like this that it made him appear a little strange to me, but I grew to love as a brother. I would say that his love for school and learning almost was one of his flaws as he love it so much, but there is no such thing as loving learning too much.
ReplyDeleteVictor was a such a … strong man. He thrived even through tough times like the death of friends and loved ones. Working through the pain he inspired those around him to be strong. Hah, I used to be jealous of Victor. He and Elizabeth were always together and I used to love her. He was such a lucky man to have her in his life and I know how much she meant to him. I also envied him because once again, he was so smart! I can still see him on our graduation day in his cap and gown. He was at the top of our class, man he was smart.
I remember towards the end of his life he loved to go on hikes and be in nature. I loved going walking in the mountains and I remember just how much the air seemed to refresh him and lighten his mood. I would die to see that smile on his face again. It is such a shame that he had to leave us so early in his life as I know he would have achieved even greater things as a scientist and maybe even a father of a family. Rest in peace bud. :,(
Today is the day that we all gathered to mourn the love of my life, Victor Frankenstein. Yes, it is truly I, Elizabeth Lavenza. When Victor’s family adopted me, my journey alongside him began. I remember ever since he was a young boy, he always loved alchemy, science, and nature, and those things truly shaped him to be the way he was until he passed. He was the star pupil at the University of Ingolstadt, always interested in learning about natural philosophy. In fact, he decided to leave our family in order to be isolated and created his very own monster from the dead. He attempted to escape from the treachery that e himself had created, only for it to destroy him in the end. We were soon to be married, but the malevolent monster ruined our big night. I remember the day when I first laid eyes on my Victor, at the time I was not very attracted to him whatsoever, but as we grew up together, our feelings grew with us, and the day of our wedding was meant to be the most amazing of them all. We were in love, and I am truly happy to say that the love will be prolonged for eternity.
ReplyDeleteI remember how often Victor would write me letters, and I would cherish each and every one of them. From them, I learned that he was investing all of his time and efforts into creating a creature to fulfill his passions and dreams. In fact, at the time, he probably was more passionate about that creature than he was of me! I am very thankful for his friend, Henry, bless his soul, because he took care of Victor and they shared a friendship that could never be broken (except by the monster). I heard the day that Victor created the monster, the first man he told was Henry, proving the bond between the two. My Victor’s entire life was focused on that one experiment, which eventually took him away from me. I sincerely regret not spending more time with him, not cherishing him enough, and i I were able to change one thing, it would be to love him even more than I did. At this point in my life, all that I could think about is him.
Victor, my darling, I know you are listening. I will always love you and I am thankful for the accomplishments you made, the passion you put into your work, and most of all being a caring and wonderful companion. I cannot wait to join you in your journey in heaven. Let this not be only a day of mourning and regrets, but one of celebration, for the life of the amazing Victor Frankenstein. I love you Victor, and thank you for everything.
Elizabeth
My dearest Victor it feels as if you were gone before your time. I found you in the ice but a while ago on your sled searching something that I knew not at the time. I took you aboard my ship nursing you back to health. You were different from many of the individuals I’ve encountered in my life. You were scarred by your past, but you did not fail to see the beauty in this world. I wished to befriend you. Talking to you I saw a new side of things than I ever did. We were the best of friends. I assume that is why you trusted in me the tale of your life. I shared it with my sister, Margaret Saville, whom I love dearly. Although she did not know you personally, Margaret holds your story in her heart.
ReplyDeleteOne day that seemed ordinary at first, you told me that you saw something in me. You saw in me the man you used to be. It scared you. You told me on the morrow you would tell me a tale that would change my life. I did not believe you at first, but now I do. You told me the consequences that come with ambition if it is left unchecked. You told me that you felt like a slave to your creation. You told me about the one night in those two years that changed your life forever. Destiny is a foul mistress. How could it do this to a man like you? You were an intelligent and compassionate man. You did not have knowledge of the demon you were creating until it was too late. It took from you everything you loved until; you were just a shell of a man. You cared so much for others. You isolated yourself to keep the ones you loved safe and oblivious to the monster.
I will forever remember the story you told me, and the times we spent conversing on my ship. I feel like I should have done something. I should have heeded your words of the monster and his powers of persuasion. I faltered to finish the task that you could not. The monster got away. I will always regret that. As a sit here a free man in my chair, I remember your words that even though I did not like them were true. My ambition of seeing a part of the world nobody had seen before could have cost me my life. My crew wished to go home because the risk was too great. I heeded your worlds and complied. I want you to know that your story will forever leave an impact on my life. You will be missed my friend.
I still vividly remember the day I first met Victor. He was deeply exhausted, but yet held a bright sense of determination in his eyes. His company was perhaps the only thing that sustained me in my long quest to explore the arctic sea route. He helped divert my mind from going into complete mindlessness in a futile quest and directed it to something far more precious, family. He was a complete stranger, yet somehow it seemed like destiny had bound our paths to intersect, as if our determination had bound us in a deep connection that would extend far beyond either of our lifetimes, and I am very glad to say that our bond has not weakened at all even after 3 months of his death. I take extreme pleasure in knowing that all of his efforts and contributions to humanity may be retold by me in an effort to honor him.
ReplyDeleteHe suffered a tremendous amount of loss in life. While most would have been devastated at the loss of their mother, he channeled his anger and remorse into his attempt of a service to humanity. He sacrificed two years of his life hoping to achieve his goal of giving life to inanimate creatures. However, it was almost as if somebody had cursed poor Victor’s soul, as even the newly formed creature turned out to be an embodiment of destruction and sadness over Victor and his family. From here on, Victor’s life turned into pure misery. After discovering the cause of his brother’s death, he blamed himself for William’s loss carrying that guilt on his soldiers for the rest of his life. Nonetheless, it was as if nature was punishing for his attempts to do good for humanity. Thus, he was punished further by witnessing Justine being wrongly tried and killed due to some evil that had been mistakenly released by himself upon the world. The theory of Karma seemed to be inexistent for poor victor, whose goodwill led to ever-growing sorrow in his life. Even when he attempted to release himself of this misery by embarking on a solitary voyage on the mountainous soothing environment, the beautiful scenery was replaced with the menacing view of an horrendous monster, who commanded him to create another of the monster’s kind with the threat of killing Victor’s family. If not for his philanthropy, Victor could have easily been selfish and chosen to protect his family, but instead he rejected the monster’s offer. As a consequence, he first witnessed the death of his dearest friend Henry Clerval who had stood forever by his side, which was later followed by the murder of Elizabeth on a day that he had have expected to been calm, his wedding day.
Although none of his family members are present here, I can with confidence say that they are proud of Victor for all the sacrifices he made for humanity. They were the only forms of love that Victor ever received, and I am glad to realize that at least in his death he has been reunited with his family. I sincerely hope, that after all the losses he suffered in his lifetime, he is being reimbursed in heaven. May Victor, a great son, brother, and friend rest in peace.
With love,
Robert Walton
As this honored student and diligent romantic lies dead, one can only look upon his story of divine triumph and unyielding tragedy as the parable of man’s cold mortality. Dr. Victor Frankenstein was as close as man has come to mastering death - with his intelligence alone he spun the thread of life into a being, and in doing so progressed humanity farther than any before him. However, this description is misleading - it pits him as a disconnected intellect rather than a complex person.
ReplyDeleteHe loved his family and he loved his work - making his tragedy ever more painful. It seemed that despite the mutual adoration of his friends and family fate conspired against him, and destroyed all he loved. In spite of his misfortune however, he persisted. When his labor demanded his entire life, he persisted. When his friends and family died, he persisted. When the man who killed them fled to the most hostile climate on this unforgiving rock, he persisted. Some may call his actions hubris, but those who do are wrong.
Despite Dr. Frankenstein’s ill health, he was a man of action and always acted decisively, following consistent values. Despite this he was mild - a kind husband and a good friend. No man should have to lose so much. Frankenstein's triumphs spit in the face of his perils - he is a man to be respected and remembered fondly.
-Connor
Dr. Frankenstein; I couldn’t say enough about him. He was a great man and had a fulfilling life. Where could i begin other than with his relationship with Elizabeth? They had a close relationship from the beginning when Victor’s family took his cousin into their house. In the coming years he spend his life in search of knowledge by attending college for chemistry and natural philosophy. Shortly after, he attempted to fashion a creature out of spare body parts in hopes of bringing it from the dead. Though controversial, it is what Victor wanted and is arguably his greatest achievement. If only he had been here to see that the monster has left and will no longer cause pain and wrongdoings. One of the happiest times i’ve seen Victor was when he married Elizabeth, the one who has been there for him all of his life. There wasn’t a time where he seemed more nervous, more afraid. Perhaps it was just wedding jitters, as it should’ve been the happiest day of his life. After the wedding, Elizabeth shared that the fondest memory that she shared with him was when they were children. She said she missed when he was careless and more at peace than how he was on his wedding night. She hoped that he would return to his old self once the ceremony was over. It’s unfortunate that Elizabeth had passed, causing Victor to grow increasingly despondent. Elizabeth, of course, meant so much to Victor. She made him feel so happy and he would’ve costed almost everything to be with her. The monster was one of the projects that Frankenstein was most passionate about. Though the monster ended up being a chimera of massive proportions, his ambitious attitude on it inspired us to attain our goals. It defined who he was in his perspective, but not in ours. It was a mistake but he shouldn’t be defined by that. Instead he should be defined as a ambitious man who dedicated his life to the study of anatomy and human life. He was a motivated man and should always be remembered as such.
ReplyDeleteM. Waldman:
ReplyDeleteI was his professor of chemistry when he first arrived in Ingolstadt as a somewhat discontented young boy, departed alone from his home land. The moment I saw him walk in through my doors, I saw in him a spark of restless ambition and curiosity in his eyes, those of a real scientist. I know that outside my room, his life was met with more pain and tragedy than most of us will ever know. Unable to join us today, are the ones that he loved most, his mother, father, brother, best friends, and wife whom he lost the day of their marriage. Today, I will be speaking on their behalf commemorating him of his love and passion as son and husband through his scientific endeavors (the side of him I only knew). Victor Frankenstein was young Swiss boy born to a wealthy family in Geneva. He lost his mother early on his his childhood which sparked his interest in immortal life and bring an end to the sadness of loss he felt those days ago. He questioned the very foundations of life and endless line of curiosity was met with harsh opposition. He was not able to welcome many friends in his lifetime, but loved with all his heart those that he did. I'd met with his companion Clerval one time in Ingolstadt who'd diligently nursed him back when Victor had fallen ill for months. When Victor saw Clerval after year of isolation, I saw his eyes soften like a little puppy, innocently embracing the warmth of his friend. In times of study, he invested all his time to satisfy his growing curiosity and rarely went out with his colleagues, a qualities of a model scientist. Within a few years he had master everything that I had to offer. After he heard news of his young brother, Williams’s death, he immediately headed home. For the very first time he had abandoned his studies for a more treasured engagement, love for family. He saw a lot in his lifetime, however, I know the events of loss are not what should be remembered of the young man full of promise. To me, Victor’s finest quality was his passion: an inherent ability to persevere, to absorb everything I had taught him and to offer new perspectives based on bravery and unbeknownst wisdom. He was the greatest adventurer into the unknown scientific lands our century had to offer.
Alyssa M
Today, I am here to acknowledge and honor the life of a very short-lived friendship. When I first met Victor Frankenstein, my guys and I just picked him out of the bitterly cold arctic during our journey up north. Although physically shaken from the cold, Victor still looked like a sagacious being that had been through a lot of things I was not yet aware of. Yet, right when I began to make conversation and uncover the secrets that this mysterious man held, I finally felt like I had a found a friend on this very difficult voyage. After moments of talking with my new found friend, he, at last, agreed to tell me his story that had him ending up in the middle of the artic. His childhood started his life on a high note. The parents of Victor were loving, amiable people as well as his “cousin” Elizabeth. Victor’s relationship with Elizabeth was something special, so special that later in his life journey they were married to one another. However, before this almost happy occasion, Victor was a diligent and amazing scientist that worked on a creation only thought of in the minds of the most creative beings. Yet, when his creation, an enormous monster formed from deceased bodies, sought vengeance onto Victor for isolating him into a world which outcasts him, that is where Victor’s life became the most complex situation I have ever seen. The monster not only killed some of his lifelong companions such as dear Clerval and that poor Justine but also, the person Victor had such an emotional connection with, Elizabeth, fell to Victor’s own creation. If some details were off or unclear, this is since the only knowledge I have of Victor and his entire life story was during the few conversations we had together before he passed away. However, due to my encounter with this monster Victor had described to me, I know now that Victor was not some delusional man but a good person plagued by his own mistakes. The real reason I am standing here, a random captain named Robert Walton, is to showcase the happiest moments of Victor’s life that he told me before he died.
ReplyDeletePart 2: His family, as he described to me, were very affectionate and understanding towards Victor. When he wanted to start his journey to an education of different sciences in Ingolstadt, his family supported him and knew that this is what he really desired to pursue. As well, Elizabeth, basically family to Victor for his entire life, is described by Victor as this symbol of beauty, an angel in Victor’s eyes. The way that Victor described Elizabeth to me was absolutely fascinating. Not only was it beautiful that he described her in such an angelic manner, but also when Victor started to think of Elizabeth, his eyes looked straight out of the description of a love poem; they looked like little beads of light. Also, another figure from the life of Frankenstein that was so crucial to Frankenstein’s well-being was Henry Clerval. Sadly, he was another victim of the creature designed by Victor, but it is still needless to say how wonderful Henry was to Victor. After the escape of the monster, Victor was extremely depressed and stressed from the terrifying images of his creation. To support Victor, Henry traveled all the way from his hometown of Geneva in order to find out what was wrong with Victor. As Victor was describing Henry, it was clear how crucial Henry was to Victor’s euphoria. Without Henry, Victor would not be able to control the hidden sadness in which Victor possesses. Henry’s upbeat, caring personality helped to counter Victor’s work-centered, more serious one. Last but not least, the thing that really made me look up to Victor was his intensive work ethic. Although extremely serious, and at times too much, Victor is very goal driven. When he sets his mind on any task at hand, Victor worked at whatever costs in order to achieve this success as well as a hoped fame. Overall, I have never met such an intriguing person in my entire life before I met Victor. There is no doubt in my mind that his soul, as well as his very unique story, will stick with me till I too will be a body under the dirt.
ReplyDeleteFriends and family of the departed, I thank you all for being here today to honor the fascinating, zealous, and erudite man that was Victor Frankenstein. Victor lived a life fueled by his passion and care for his family and friends. Those who loved and cherished him will forever remember his groundbreaking work, and the memories made with him throughout his full life.
ReplyDeleteAs we all know, Victor had an exceptional childhood as a young swiss boy in Geneva, which impacted his work and outlook on the world significantly for the rest of his time on earth. Surrounded by his affectionate family and the love of his life, Elizabeth, he first found his interest in anatomy and alchemy, which he continued to study avidly upon attending university at Ingolstadt. After education, Victor worked tirelessly to create a human being with his own two hands and became engrossed with the idea of fabricating life. Although Victor and I did not have the best relationship while he was alive and I was not the creation that he imagined, I am so thankful to have been given the gift of life as a result of his experimentation. Not only did he give me the ability to live, but despite my imperfections, he also made a scientific advancement that is extremely underappreciated. He was a man with godly capabilities and a vigorous dedication to his work.
As someone who caused so much pain in Victor’s life, I was so honored and grateful to be given the opportunity to explain how sorry I am for not only all the terror and trauma I have caused his family and friends, but also to explain that I was filled with regrets upon Victor’s death. I should have never blamed Victor for my sorrow. It was not his fault that I was deformed and malicious, as he had only ever had the best intentions when creating me. Perhaps we had a chance at a relationship until I terrorized him, as he had good intentions when wanting to create a perfect being. Had I never acted upon my rage and loneliness, perhaps we would have even grown to care for one another. He was my creator, and I owe him my existence, even if it was unpleasant. Once again, I beg the forgiveness of his remaining family members, and cannot live with what I have done. After this funeral I will be departing to the northernmost ice of the Arctic to die for my sins and wrongdoings.
Nonetheless, a beloved husband, student, mentor, family member, and genius, his life had an impact on those who knew him and on the world. His ambition left a mark on humanity that will never be extinguished. He was my creator, the only person close to a fatherly figure in my life. The only person I existed for. Not only was his work incredible, but he cared deeply about those he held dear to his heart, as seen by his struggle to live with himself after many of his loved ones died. I truly wish the best for you remaining family and friends after all of the suffering many of you have endured.
May the memory of Victor Frankenstein live on in those he loved, and may his impact on earth forever have its place in history.
-Fiona Andersons
Oh, dearest Frankenstein! Your presence upon this earth crushes all of those left behind. While your body has thawed from your final, icy trip, our hearts have not. All of us miss you dearly. From young, his ambition bloomed and fueled his passion as a scientist. Right before he decided to move to Ingolstadt, the late Mrs. Frankenstein passed away. However, Victor pushed ahead with his studies and continued to college. There, he became obsessed with the concept of animating life. Becoming the source of all his troubles, Victor had made the worst, life changing decision: creating the monster. After fleeing from his creation, Victor constantly fought the monster, whether it be it physically, or its crushing mental presence. Along the way, countless others have died at the hands of the monster, but most significantly, Elizabeth met her demise soon after wedding Frankenstein. The many that passed away, Justine, William, Henry, Mr. Frankenstein, were all instrumental to building Frankenstein’s character. However, among his beloved friends and family, Walton acts as the only remaining one. Although he could not attend today, he sent heart-warming words.
ReplyDelete“Frankenstein acted as my father, my friend, my mentor, and my motivator, and I only knew him for month. His compassion and sympathy for my desire of exploring the Arctic allowed me push for my dreams. In this way, he acted as my friend and motivator. However, Frankenstein also grounded me to reality and forced me to realize the dangers encompassing exploring such uncharted territories. In this way, he acted as my father and mentor. My memories of him are not as long and compiled as some of yours, but his physical body and mental intellect saved me from my darkest hour on the ship. I truly thank him for all he has done for me.”
I hope Frankenstein is resting peacefully above. His contribution to all of our lives, or at least mine, cannot be fathomed.